Skip to main content

Big Mama's

I am such a big fan of fried chicken! Why? Well, since I don't eat pork and beef - this is only one of the 2 things on the menu for me! :) Hahaha...

My ultimate favorite chickens are as follows:
1. Chicken Joy - Jollibee
I so love the crispyliciousness and juicy-liciousness! Langhap saraaaaaaaap!

2. Original Recipe Chicken - KFC
My favorite would be the skin! It's really finger-lickin good!

3. Country chicken's
I love the sauce! It's what makes the chicken yummy! The sauce! What can be the formulation?

4. S&R's Roasted Chicken
Anyone who's tried this will agree with me!

5. Savory's Chicken
I just got introduced to this recently. My parents are huge fans of Savory - they retell us their Savroy stories (everytime!)

6. Andok's, Mang Bok's and Sr. Pedro's (they're NOT exactly my favorites, they're one of those options. Hihi..)
They're filling and flavorful. Just as long as you get the newly cooked ones! Hahahaha... :)

Just last Friday - my friend May May and Brian introduced us to another chicken:

Big Mama's Fried Chicken!

the take-out box..

They said it was the best they've ever had. Brian even said it was better than KFC's. Well, that got my Panget and I curious. My Panget hates chicken - mainly because their cook serves it for every meal - every day (the cook said it was per My Panget's dad's instructions) So when May May learned that my Panget hates chicken - she invited us over for a fried chicken dinner!!

yummy yummy chicken!!

So the verdict? Well, it was really really good! Can you imagine 8 people devouring 3 whole chicken in a span of....... 1.5 hours? Yup! We kept on munching and munching! I think they have a different marinade. But whatever it is, it's sooooooooo good! We couldn't get enough thus, we ordered for more! It's also finger lick'in good (especially when they're HOT!) May May was so happy that my Panget loved the chicken! (Because he kept on saying - I hate chicken! Hahaha!!) And last night - I ordered some for my college buddies to try - and they all LOVED it to bits too!

a closer look!

Big Mama is a Korean owned Korean restaurant that's located at the Renaissance Plaza compound in Ortigas Center. Their fried chicken sells for Php500.00 for a whole chicken (2 sauces come with it and a plastic bottle of coke!) and Php250.00 for half a chicken. They also offer other dishes (but I didn't bother with it anymore!) The Chapchae was so-so (The best I've tasted were from Ye Dang)

Big Mama Tel. 384-0456 or 706-3348

Comments

  1. Oh my. My family should try this.. and it's just in Ortigas :) We love chicken so much that my mom says one of these days we will fly. My dad's day isn't complete without eating chicken. :)

    PS. I agree with the YeDang Chapchae. Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pepper! I highly suggest you try it.. NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha funny but my Mom said the same thing about me when I was growing up. Tutubuan na daw ako ng pakpak and none of them will even wonder why.

    Didi, you've never tried Sincerity chicken? OMG, that tops my list! But the frustrating part is...they're in Binondo, only in Binondo. It's super sarap and I've been missing it like anything!

    Big Mama's chicken looks like Sincerity. I should take some home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love chicken! We love chicken! Andok's is the fam fave :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patty! I haven't tried Sincerity's yet! Will ask my mom about it! Hmm.. Try it! :) Go!!

    Hello princess_dyanie! Try Big Mama's its goooood!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Candishhh. Could you tell me where YeDang is located? I have been on the look-out for an excellent Korean resto in QC. Hope you could recommend. We often dine at Silla in T. Morato and Kaya in Jupiter. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Daisy! There's no good Korean reso in QC (in my opinion). Try Ye Dang! It's along Meralco Avenue, you'll see Koreanovela Posters outside it! Hehehe..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w