Skip to main content

Cooking Quest #1: Lasagna

I've never cooked lasagna before. I've seen them made on tv and in real life, but I never got the chance to make one myself. Last Friday, I decided that I wanted to make one.

And so, last Saturday afternoon - I made one. And this is what it looked like!

Making lasagna isn't that hard pala.. I always had this thought that it was difficult and very time consuming - but it wasn't. I found it actually really simple!!

This is the recipe that I used:
Meat Sauce
500g - Lean ground beef
1 whole carrot - diced
3 whole white onions - diced
1 clove garlic - crushed
2 cans 200g Crushed tomatoes
5 tablespoons - Tomato Paste
2 cups Chicken Stock
A pinch of nutmeg
1 tablespoon Sugar
Chicken powder to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste

Saute the onions, carrots and garlic until soft.
Add the ground beef and saute until brown.
Add the crushed tomatoes and the 2 cups chicken stock.
Add a pinch of Nutmeg.
Season with Salt and Pepper (or chicken powder). Make sure to add for flavor
Simmer for 20 minutes
(after simmering, taste again and season as needed)

Cheese Sauce:
2 tablespoons - Butter
2 tablespoons - All purpose flour
125g - Mozarella Cheese
2 cups - Milk
Salt and Pepper to taste

Melt butter.
Add the all purpose flour, cook for a few minutes.
Add the milk and wait until it thickens.
Add the mozarella cheese until melted over low heat.
Set aside when all the cheese has melted.

On a oven-proof deep dish, assemble the lasagna as follows:
Pour meat sauce on the dish
Place 1 layer of lasagna noodles
Pour meat sauce over the noodles
Pour cheese sauce over the meat sause
Place 1 layer of lasagna noodles.

Assemble on the dish: meat sauce, cheese sauce, lasagna noodles and end with the cheese sauce.

Set oven at 175c and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese browns.

Lookey lookey here!!

(Cooked this August 18!!)

Comments

  1. wow!!! that looks delish didi!! pahingi naman =D

    you might wana try putting nutmeg in the cheese sauce din.

    miss you na...hope to see you soon!!! mwaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jenn - Hallo!! Punta ka sa house!! Meron akong ginawa ulit!! Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. NGAYON KO LANG NABASA ITO!!!! MERON PA BA?????? =D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Movie passes to FESTIVAL MALL CINEMAS!

This month, I am celebrating my blog's 5th anniversary! To start the month right, I am giving away eight (8) movie passes to Festival Mall Cinemas!! All you need to do is leave a comment. Any comment will do! Just include your name and email address so I can contact you in case you win!! You can join as many times as you want.  Winner will be picked via Random.org. This is a winner take all contest, so only one winner will get to have all the eight (8) movie passes! Contest will run from today until the end of the week - November 6, 2010 at 11:59pm Manila time.  I will be announcing the winner on Sunday - November 7, 2010! Good luck!!

the canDIshhh tales : 10th BLOGniversary GIVEAWAY!!

10 years is, WOW! Unbelievable. So, to celebrate my 10th year of blogging today - I'm doing a GIVEAWAY hosted by my favorite brands!! :)  This is just one way of me saying THANK YOU to ALL of my readers and to ALL the brands that have given me their trust and support! Here are just some of the stuff that I will be giving away!! The coveted 2016 Starbucks Moleskine Planner ! Starbucks Beverage Coupons! Melissa Slip-Ons!! K-Pallete stuff I got in Tokyo! GIFT PACKS from the following brands: Serenitea GCs Sevilla Sausage packs Paper Chic Studio  the Bento Mommas Clorox, Glad & Pinesol Philippines Vikings Luxury Buffet GC for 2 Lysol Philippines House of Praise CDs I will make this giveaway really really SIMPLE for everyone!  Just follow do the Rafflecopter instruction and most importantly, leave the following details on the comment section below .  One comment entry PER p...

Blog Anniversary Giveaway!

For my blog's 5th anniversary, I'm giving away goodies - and it's a winner take ALL! Image borrowed from THIS site Thank you for eavesdropping for five years. I hope you enjoyed and is still enjoying reading my whatever things! THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU! Here's the loot: 12 - J&J Mini Body Lotions 1 - Carmex Lip Balm 2 - The Face Shop Masks 1 - Amu'in Insect Repellant 1 - Amu'in Body Mist Joining is really simple: 1)   Leave the following details on the comment section of this post:      a)  Greet me!! :)      b)  Your name      c)  Your email address ( a valid email address please!)      d)  Share this message to your social networking site:  Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, Friendster, Etc.   Blog Anniversary Giveaway!   http://candishhh.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-anniversary-giveaway.html 2)   Kindly complete the details above - re...