Skip to main content

Quezon City - Garbage Collection FAIL!

We are victims of the flood.

Our house, office and factory were flooded with thigh deep water during Ondoy.

The day after the typhoon - my family, our helpers and workers cleaned out everything that was damaged. It was only a few days ago, that we fully cleared out the flood damage. All that were flooded and unusable - we put in sacks and brought them out for the garbage trucks to pick up.

We waited.

Garbage trucks passed by - but only got the small sacks. Telling us that the sacks are too heavy to carry.

We then divided the sacks - into smaller sacks, even offering to help carry the sacks to the garbage trucks. But we were ignored and even told that the sacks were still heavy. A basurero even snickered saying 'Wala kasi kayong panigarilyo'

Why in the effing hell are we supposed to give 'panigarilyo' to them when in fact it is their job to pick up garbage?

Are we required to give them 'panigarilyo' just for them to do their jobs??

Is that even right??

We called our Baranggay captain - we told him that the basureros didn't want to pick-up the trash! You know what he said - 'Kung ayaw nila, anong magagawa natin?'

What kind of an elected official is that?? He IS an elected baranggay official, we voted for him because we thought he would do our baranggay good - as of press time, he is in TAGAYTAY (We knew, because we called him to let him know what happend, but with his answer - we wasted P7.00 for the call)

Our baranggay is called PALTOK
The baranggay captain is CAPTAIN ANOS
Plate of the garbage truck WJJ-283

I already called the QC City Hall to report - they told me that ALL garbage MUST BE COLLECTED.

What an ass these people are becoming.
Is it because election time is coming??

What an IRONIC thing! This article says that the QC government fielded ADDITIONAL garbage trucks to collect trash!!

Comments

  1. We are also experiencing the same problem. The Barangay people do not really care. Must be "Daang Matuwid" style at work. Right now we have piles of garbage in front of the house that remained uncollected for several days already even though we segregated them into biodegrable & recyclables. Garbage collectors do not want to haul heavy garbage unless you pay them.

    Remember that come Christmas time. Do not tip them when they hand you that envelope. We used to give them P500. Now we give them zero. As for the unresponsive and useless barangay people, know who they are so come election time vote them out. Tell your neighbors too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w