Skip to main content

canDIshhh VOTES!

This morning - I woke up nervous and excited.

I immediately checked on my Plurk and Twitter accounts for updates.

As early as 11am - reports of PCOS machines failing have been on the radio, tv and social networks on TV.  This honestly got me worried.

When I got to the precinct - I immediately looked for my name on the list, checked my cluster and asked the PPCRV volunteers for the precinct number.  They were ready with a map to show me where in the baranggay hall it was located.  As I entered the baranggay hall, I first noticed the long lines, followed by the number of people from all walks of life, followed by an observation that - it wasn't like this in the past elections where people were seated down rather than standing up.  As I reached my precinct's table - I was shocked.  I then gave my SSS id to the person in charge - she then searched for my name.  Honestly - this took the longest as she was looking at the wrong list!  It turns out that she thought my middle name was my last name!  Tsk.. Tsk..  But right after figuring out her oversight - she then made me sign their 'list' and handed me my ballot, a short brown envelope, and the Smartmatic pen.

I remember reading numerous articles saying that the ballots should be clean and free from stains.  I immediately inspected my ballot and found that there was a pen smear at the end of my ballot.  I showed this to the election officer but was told this 'Okay lang po yan!  Walang problema!'  I then found a seat and marked the ballot with my votes.  It took me less than 5 minutes to complete my ballot.  Once I was done - I gave my ballot to the election officer - he then returned it to me and told me to feed it to the PCOS machine, when the machine fed my ballot, I waited for a few seconds for the result on the small screen - I sighed in relief when I saw that my ballot was accepted!

Total time spent:  15 minutes.

I think I was very lucky.

My heart does go out to those who fell in line for hours just to vote.  Each and everyone who did just that deserves a huge THANK YOU from the government and Comelec.  These people who waited did not falter - they wanted to exercise their right to vote!  And they did.

We're all now waiting for the results.

COMELEC says that 50% of the results will be in by midnight tonight!!

So, we're all hanging on!!

I think the automation was fairly successful - I can't and will never say very successful because there were a lot of PCOS machines that broke down.  Let's also not forget the CF cards fiasco days before election day!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w