Skip to main content

Polish Sausage anyone?

Whenever I think of the US of A, I always think of shopping.  And when I think of shopping, supermarket shopping comes in mind immediately, as this is my favorite. 

I associate supermarket shopping with shopping around Costco.  I know, it's not entirely a supermarket, but what the heck - most of their goods are supermarket-y anyways.

Trips to Costco will always end with buying a number of Polish hotdogs/sausages on buns, large sodas and pizzas!  This has got to be m favorite part!  Yes, I admit it, I enjoy eating rather than going shopping!  And so whenever my mom would go to Costco, I'd tag along just because I wanted to eat those Polish sausage/hotdogs.

Its been almost a decade since I last visited the US of A.  And since my last visit, I haven't had any decent Polish Sausage/Hotdog.  My mom and I have been searching and searching for that Polish Sausage/Hotdog that tastes similar to the ones they had in Costco, but our search left us empty-handed.  The ones that we've tried were not the same, some were even - not good!

My friend Selene has been raving about a certain brand of hotdogs that she bought.  She has told me and my Panget a couple of times that its what she has for dinner when she's too lazy to cook.  My Panget would always give me a look that said 'Don't serve me hotdogs for dinner!' and I never did.  So last Sunday, my Panget and I had dinner at Selene's and she served us steak!!  She then asked the helper to heat some hotdogs for us to try.  My Panget gave me that look once more.


The hotdogs/sausages looked normal, the smell was also - normal!  But when we tried them.. OH MY GOSH.. it was soooo good!!  Tasted heavenly!  I instantly remembered and reminisced the Costco Polish hotdog/sausages!!!

You can say that it was LOVE at first bite, literally.

These doggies tastes so good!  But tasting good comes with a price because these babies cost P300.00+ a pack (6 doggies in a pack), but seriously - they're really really good.

These doggies come in different flavors.  The only ones I've tasted are the:
Hot Links - my gosh, it HOT! I mean really hot..
Beddar Cheddar - the cheese-dog in the family!!  Yummy!

Comments

  1. my family and i love good hotdogs and sausages especially from the US!:-) where did you buy them?:-) have you also found good imported beef franks too?thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you get them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, those sausages are winking at me; particularly now that we're almost pork-deprived! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Movie passes to FESTIVAL MALL CINEMAS!

This month, I am celebrating my blog's 5th anniversary! To start the month right, I am giving away eight (8) movie passes to Festival Mall Cinemas!! All you need to do is leave a comment. Any comment will do! Just include your name and email address so I can contact you in case you win!! You can join as many times as you want.  Winner will be picked via Random.org. This is a winner take all contest, so only one winner will get to have all the eight (8) movie passes! Contest will run from today until the end of the week - November 6, 2010 at 11:59pm Manila time.  I will be announcing the winner on Sunday - November 7, 2010! Good luck!!

the canDIshhh tales : 10th BLOGniversary GIVEAWAY!!

10 years is, WOW! Unbelievable. So, to celebrate my 10th year of blogging today - I'm doing a GIVEAWAY hosted by my favorite brands!! :)  This is just one way of me saying THANK YOU to ALL of my readers and to ALL the brands that have given me their trust and support! Here are just some of the stuff that I will be giving away!! The coveted 2016 Starbucks Moleskine Planner ! Starbucks Beverage Coupons! Melissa Slip-Ons!! K-Pallete stuff I got in Tokyo! GIFT PACKS from the following brands: Serenitea GCs Sevilla Sausage packs Paper Chic Studio  the Bento Mommas Clorox, Glad & Pinesol Philippines Vikings Luxury Buffet GC for 2 Lysol Philippines House of Praise CDs I will make this giveaway really really SIMPLE for everyone!  Just follow do the Rafflecopter instruction and most importantly, leave the following details on the comment section below .  One comment entry PER p...

Blog Anniversary Giveaway!

For my blog's 5th anniversary, I'm giving away goodies - and it's a winner take ALL! Image borrowed from THIS site Thank you for eavesdropping for five years. I hope you enjoyed and is still enjoying reading my whatever things! THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU! Here's the loot: 12 - J&J Mini Body Lotions 1 - Carmex Lip Balm 2 - The Face Shop Masks 1 - Amu'in Insect Repellant 1 - Amu'in Body Mist Joining is really simple: 1)   Leave the following details on the comment section of this post:      a)  Greet me!! :)      b)  Your name      c)  Your email address ( a valid email address please!)      d)  Share this message to your social networking site:  Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, Friendster, Etc.   Blog Anniversary Giveaway!   http://candishhh.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-anniversary-giveaway.html 2)   Kindly complete the details above - re...