Skip to main content

Seoul Bound: Korean Airlines

The last time I was in Seoul was in 1995 or 1996.

All I remember during that trip with my mom was that the food was great everywhere.  And I remember purchasing my ice skating shoes - that I was able to use once or twice in Mega.  Also the Lotte Hotel and the Lotte shopping center/department store.  Oh, and that Koreans do not know how to speak English.

Two weeks ago, my Panget broached the idea of going to Seoul for a business trip.  I honestly wasn't excited because I wanted to go Hong Kong, but then my Panget's Seoul trip pushed through.

The flight that was booked for us left Manila at 12:20AM via Korean Airlines.

Hmm... I was hesitant because I remember listening to Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers and there was an issue with Korean Airlines before.

But then, what greeted us were pretty Korean flight attendants!

The plane was fairly new (I think) because each seat has its own TV with remote control for channel surfing and games!  The flight took 3 hours and 50 minutes - and to kill time, I watched their In-Flight Entertainment which included an episode of Friends.  Haha!! :)


There were a lot of movies - from the new ones to even the classics!  I honestly was laughing inside when I saw a grandma watching Twilight!  Hehehe....  

As for the meals - we were given a choice of Bibimbap and Beef with Rice.  I picked the Bibimbap of course!  And here is what it looks like:


The meal was actually good.  It didn't carry the taste of the usual airplane food.  I was most impressed with steamed rice and its packaging.  The flight attendants of Korean Airlines were really nice and smiling all the time.  Even if I pestered them with water and peanuts every so often - they still came back to me with a huge smile of their faces.  They even spoke to me in Korean, assuming that I was one of them, hahaha!!

The flight all in all was pleasant my only complaint was that the time we left and arrived in Seoul.  As my Panget would say - 'This is what you call, taking the red eye..'

Comments

  1. Flight is a good primer! :)

    can't wait for the food adventures there! :)

    LOL on grandma watching Twilight haha.

    Janey

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father also said na friendly nga daw FAs ng Korean Airlines. :)

    Natawa naman ako dun sa granda na nagwawatch ng Twilight hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janey - baka you'll be disappointed, didn't get to take much photo pics because we were too hungry! hahaha...

    Dyanie SUPER funny yung granny watching Twilight!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Movie passes to FESTIVAL MALL CINEMAS!

This month, I am celebrating my blog's 5th anniversary! To start the month right, I am giving away eight (8) movie passes to Festival Mall Cinemas!! All you need to do is leave a comment. Any comment will do! Just include your name and email address so I can contact you in case you win!! You can join as many times as you want.  Winner will be picked via Random.org. This is a winner take all contest, so only one winner will get to have all the eight (8) movie passes! Contest will run from today until the end of the week - November 6, 2010 at 11:59pm Manila time.  I will be announcing the winner on Sunday - November 7, 2010! Good luck!!

the canDIshhh tales : 10th BLOGniversary GIVEAWAY!!

10 years is, WOW! Unbelievable. So, to celebrate my 10th year of blogging today - I'm doing a GIVEAWAY hosted by my favorite brands!! :)  This is just one way of me saying THANK YOU to ALL of my readers and to ALL the brands that have given me their trust and support! Here are just some of the stuff that I will be giving away!! The coveted 2016 Starbucks Moleskine Planner ! Starbucks Beverage Coupons! Melissa Slip-Ons!! K-Pallete stuff I got in Tokyo! GIFT PACKS from the following brands: Serenitea GCs Sevilla Sausage packs Paper Chic Studio  the Bento Mommas Clorox, Glad & Pinesol Philippines Vikings Luxury Buffet GC for 2 Lysol Philippines House of Praise CDs I will make this giveaway really really SIMPLE for everyone!  Just follow do the Rafflecopter instruction and most importantly, leave the following details on the comment section below .  One comment entry PER p...

Blog Anniversary Giveaway!

For my blog's 5th anniversary, I'm giving away goodies - and it's a winner take ALL! Image borrowed from THIS site Thank you for eavesdropping for five years. I hope you enjoyed and is still enjoying reading my whatever things! THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU! Here's the loot: 12 - J&J Mini Body Lotions 1 - Carmex Lip Balm 2 - The Face Shop Masks 1 - Amu'in Insect Repellant 1 - Amu'in Body Mist Joining is really simple: 1)   Leave the following details on the comment section of this post:      a)  Greet me!! :)      b)  Your name      c)  Your email address ( a valid email address please!)      d)  Share this message to your social networking site:  Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, Friendster, Etc.   Blog Anniversary Giveaway!   http://candishhh.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-anniversary-giveaway.html 2)   Kindly complete the details above - re...