Skip to main content

DIDI'scoveries: Kewpie Roasted Sesame Dressing

I went to my friend Selene's house one night because my Panget had a basketball game.  I caught her having a very light dinner - a salad dinner.  Selene is very thin, that's why I don't understand why she still has salads for dinner!  She said that she's too lazy to cook, and that she found a salad dressing that she really likes.  She showed me the bottle - it was a Japanese brand - she called it the naked Japanese baby.  I found out later on that it was the Kewpie brand.


She offered me some fresh greens - I was honestly skeptical.  I thought it was one of those salad dressing that didn't taste good.  But when I tried the dressing, I couldn't stop eating the greens!  The dressing was so flavorful - it really did taste like roasted sesame!  When I asked her where she got it she said that she bought the big bottle from DEC along Wilson Street. 

Last Sunday, I went to DEC just to buy that salad dressing.  I was looking around the store and I couldn't find it - so I finally asked the owners and they told me the bad news, that they ran out of it.  Darnit!  I was raving about the dressing to my mom, too bad she couldn't taste it.  Grrr...

This morning, my mom was craving for a Kani salad.  We then went to a Korean grocery store nearby to buy some ingredients.  Of course, I thought that the Korean store would have the salad dressing right?  I then remembered, Korean, Japanese - different!  Hahahaha...

I then asked my mom if there were any Japanese grocery store in our area - and she said that there was, along Timog Avenue.  So when we were a bit free in the office, my mom decided to take me to the Japanese Grocery store.

When I entered the store - the salad dressing was the first thing I searched and voila - SUCCESS!!  They had it in stock! :)  I immediately grabbed one!!  Good thing that the store had it!  I was so excited to go home to have my mom and brother try it!! :)

Its so yummy!! :)

Fuji Mart
Timog Avenue,
Quezon City
Tel 410-0083

Comments

  1. Wow I was wondering where I could buy this, thanks for sharing :D Tasted this dressing at a Tita's house and I had a craving for this awhile ago so I went to an SM grocery store but they only have little bottles of McCormick toasted sesame dressings :( I bought one just to satisfy my craving but my bottle is now half empty D: Lol, hm how ia thia Kewpie brand? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh It's me again XD Wanted to check if you answered my question..but wth my last line should have read "how much is the Kewpie brand?" huh, must have been sleepy last night ^^; well anyway hope you can answer my question now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzette! The dressing costs P570.00 as to where to get it, I wrote the name of the place where I got it, you must have missed reading the end of the entry.

    Fuji Mart
    Timog Avenue
    Tel. 410-0083

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I've always passed Fuji Mart since I live near it but I've never walked in. Seems really small. The only Japanese grocery store I've been in was Choto Ctop in Makati. Does Fuji Stop sell snacks and junk food? I've been looking for my favorite Meiji cheese curls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jasmine, I didn't notice anymore. Why don't you give them a call, I posted the phone number - to ask if they have the snack that you like?

    Good lUck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w