Skip to main content

Suits, Newsroom, Falling Skies & Continuum

These days, I dream of Harvey Specter and Mike Ross..

 SUITS

This show caught my eye on DIVA (cable show), I think I caught the third episode - but I was hooked.  I asked my brother about the show and luckily he had a few episodes.  It was LOVE at first watch, because I couldn't stop watching the episodes over and over again.  Would you believe that it was only when the second season started that I FINALLY got to watch the Pilot?  Haha, and I looooooved the Pilot!  During season one, my favorite was Mike Ross, but when the season finale went and came the new season - it was Harvey Specter!  I think I didn't know that I liked him - deep down, I just realized it - late!

There's one complaint though for me - its the on again off again love angles for Mike Ross!  I don't know why, but I get usually turned off when there is a sign of a love interest.  I think its the formula of ANY show to have this love angle, but I beg to differ!  I just sigh when I see the angle cropping up!  Like the Rachel/Mike thing - I wish they'd stay in the flirting zone, because being together will just shoot the target!  Let them flirt and play hard to get, its more fun to watch them like that!  Hahaha..

I can't wait for January 2013 for the season to resume!!  Argh!!!

NEWSROOM

I never thought I'd like to watch Jeff Daniels on TV.  But when my TV soul sister tells me to try and watch this show - I did.  I saw the pilot and LOVED it!  The Pilot has to be the BEST Pilot that I've ever seen - EVER!  I am not exaggerating, but man - I was glued from the first second till the end!  The dialogue was awesome - and to think I don't like watching those shows with too much dialogue.  But this I LOVE!  The show also got better as it aired more episodes!  I was hooked.  I told my friends and my Panget about this show - it was all about American politics and the workings of a newsroom/news agency.  There were details that I didn't understand like the Tea Party, but heck I googled them to understand.  Maybe another reason why I liked the show is because its made and aired by HBO!  I'm sure everyone will agree with me that HBO makes GREAT shows..  My favorite HBO series still has to be The Sopranos, hands down.


 FALLING SKIES

This is NOT one of my favorites, but this show - I've been watching with my Panget for the past week.  The show is about humans vs aliens, and not the plot thickens because there's a rebel aliens group!  Its not exactly my cup of tea, but it suffices - and with the years that I've been together with my Panget- I've learned to appreciate these kinds of shows.  What made me interested was when I saw John Locke!  From Alias to Lost to Falling Skies - John Locke still tries to put order in a not-so order-y place/civilization.  We're on the last episode and got a bit bored, because of the dialogue.  But let's see what happens.  I hear that the show's been renewed!


CONTINUUM

Another Sc-Fi TV show, but what makes this unique is that - its a Canadian show!  This, I think is my first time to watch a Canadian show.  And the verdict is - it's okay, something you can watch to kill time.  Its not something you will be excited to watch every week - but it suffices.  The show stars Rachel Nichol - who is from 2077 and was 'accidentally' sent back to 2012 together with some rebel prisoners.  It chronicles how she tries to hunt them down while adjusting to the backwardness of 2012.  Her co stars all look familiar - maybe because they've been on other US Sci-Fi shows!  I was told by my Panget that the show as been renewed.  The plot thickens on the season finale - so it's something you'd LIKE to watch, IF you have the patience and time to download.  Hehehe...

Comments

  1. Hey.. Im watching these shows too. Try homeland, castle and fringe. enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w