Skip to main content

Hello Connor!

Last Monday - October 22, I gave birth ahead of schedule to a baby boy named Connor Bryce - and here is my birth story.


My actual due date is November 7, but since I underwent CS with Kailee, I had to go through another CS (not that I'm complaining!)  My Panget and I scheduled the procedure on October 28.  Now, why October 28 of all dates?  Well, first because our Kailee was to walk down the aisle for the first time as a flower girl at my good friend Cherry's wedding on the 27th.  Secondly because it was a Sunday - a less chaotic day for everyone - traffic wise and hospital wise.

I went to see my OB the Thursday before and was told to lessen my activities and refrain from walking, there was one problem, I liked to walk.  I loved going to Landmark to walk around.  Although I haven't dilated - my OB said to stop activities - I stopped going to work and spent most of the time at home with Kailee.  

But you see - on October 21, Sunday - my tummy started aching.  The ache was bearable - it didn't seem like a contraction.  It seemed like a normal tummy ache, so I ignored it.  For the past few weeks, I have had a hard time sleeping - waking up during the wee hours in the morning needing to pee, it was getting uncomfy because I felt so heavy already.  The aches that I felt, I dismissed as 'normal'

So Monday early morning, I felt the contractions.  The pain hasn't resonated to my back so, I thought it might just be the false labor - braxton hicks contractions.  I was able to fall asleep only to wake up again and I think I felt the pain reach my lower back.  But I wasn't sure!  So I tried to go back to sleep.  When my Panget was getting ready for work - I told him that I think I might be in labor.  My Panget smiled and told me to call him for whatever.  I remember it like it was yesterday - it was de ja vu.  It was like giving birth to Kailee all over again, you see I felt the contractions on a Monday also!  Haha..

I dressed up, took Kailee to my mom's and then texted my OB.  She told me to go to Cardinal since she will be there by 10:30am, she told me she wanted to see me and check how far along I was.  I told her I didn't want to go and that the pain was bearable, but she insisted - and as a precaution - I went.  I actually went home first, took a bath, packed my bag and then went to my mom's house again.  I said goodbye to Kailee and kissed her, I even told her that I'd be back in a few hours.

I reached Cardinal a little before 11am, I went directly to the Delivery Room and was let into the prep room.  I was immediately strapped with a monitor that records contractions.  The residents there we closely monitoring the contractions and 30 minutes went by and they haven't recorded anything.  So, to make me go home - they needed to do an IE.  I was confident that I was going home because I haven't felt any contraction at all!  But when the resident examined me, I was already 5cm dilated - de ja vu all over again.  I was told that they needed to open me up immediately.  My OB arrived just in time and confirmed that I needed to be opened up ASAP.

So I called my Panget and told him that I had to give birth ASAP.  He said for me to wait for another hour so that he could be with me.  I told my OB and she said they couldn't wait - but for sure my Panget will make it on time - because they still had to prep me.  I called my mom and told her the news, I texted a few friends that I was in the DR.  I was even able to speak to my friend Kath, while being wheeled in the DR!

The residents couldn't reach my anesthesiologist, but good thing there was one available - his name is Dr. Caballero.  I was wheeled into the DR a little before 12noon - I met Dr. Caballero, shook his hand and said that I had only one request - and that was to knock me OUT.  He said that he needed me conscious for some participation - and I told him I didn't want the participation part, I didn't want to hear or see the preparation - all I wanted to do is SLEEP through the procedure.  And he did that exactly.  And I love him for it!  I didn't even know that my Panget arrived.  I was woken up because the baby was out.  I remember my OB telling me 'Baby was out at 12:28pm as you requested, baby is okay!'  Then I remember hearing my Panget's voice saying that the baby is out.  I remember asking if he made it on time and he answered me with 'Barely!'  I was asleep again after that.

Connor Bryce was born on October 22, 2012 at 12:28pm he weighs 7lbs.  That's 10oz short of Kailee's weight!  He looked small to me because I remember Kailee being big!  

Everything happened so very fast - it was exactly the opposite of when I had Kailee before.  With Connor - he was out within two hours of arriving at the hospital!!

I think things got easier the second time around.  I knew what to expect and somehow I wasn't as scared.  I liked that everything happened so fast, I didn't have time to think and analyze anymore.  I remember I was getting anxious and counting down to the 28th, but instead I was caught off guard!

Welcome little Connor Bryce! :)  Mama, Dada and Kailee love you!! :)


P.S.  Would anyone care to guess where we got the names??


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w