Skip to main content

Didi Reviews: Grandma El's Diaper Rash Remedy+Prevention

Diaper Rash creams - well, I hate them - why?  Because they're so sticky as hell and its so hard to remove from your fingers and hands!

When Kailee was born - I used Vaseline's petroleum jelly for babies because it was recommended by a friend.  But in a month's time, I had to switch to Desitin because Kailee developed a rash in the bum.  I remember it as if it was yesterday because the Desitin I received from my friend smelled so bad.  I even asked her if it was normal - and being a first time mom, I guess we thought it was normal.  I had no choice but to use it on her - and it was effective, but it was such a hassle to put and remove!  When that ran out, I asked my sister in law Sasa to buy me a tube of Desitin, and I was happy that the scent was nicer.  But there was still the problem of the stickiness.  I really hated that.  Whenever we put it on Kailee, there was always the problem of cleaning it off our fingers and cleaning off her bum every time you change diapers - very messy!

So every time we travel, I make sure to bring diaper rash cream.  I do not like to be in compromising situations thus I need to come prepared.  For the past year, I have been bringing with me Desitin, its such a hassle because what I got were packaged in a big pot, so I still need to transfer its contents to a smaller pot, just so to make it handy.  And again the problem - the icky feeling of cleaning it off my fingers and her bum.  I hate the mess it makes, I dislike the hassle of using so much wipes just to clean it off and then re-applying!  I swear, this is the task I hate the most because of the mess it makes and the hassle to take it

Grandma El's Diaper Rash Remedy+Prevention - P465.00

As I mentioned previously - Vanessa sent me Grandma El's stuff to try on my kids.  She sent me a tube of Grandma El's Diaper Rash Remedy+Prevention.  It was perfect timing because we were off to Subic a few days after.  But while in Subic, I never got to use it.

I brought it with me to Osaka because it was small and handy.  I didn't need to transfer the contents, I just had to bring the whole tube.  On our second day in Osaka, I noticed some redness in Kailee's bum.  She's already toilet trained mind you, but yet there was a redness - so as a precaution, I had to apply some on her bum.

Grandma El's is a breath of fresh air.  Its very easy to use!  Just press on the tube lightly and the product will immediately come out.  It has the perfect consistency - it looks like petroleum jelly but doesn't have its heaviness.  Its spreads easily as Desitin but is not as messy.  It glides on the skin and leaves a very thin film on the area.  Its not gooey and not sticky.  I noticed too that a little product goes a long way!  It has a very light scent that doesn't overpower.  Its very light on the skin too!  And my favorite part - its very easy to clean!  Actually, since Osaka was cold, I didn't mind spreading whats left of the products on the dry spots of my hands.  Yes - it was that light, that I didn't mind!  The skin absorbs the product and yet you see the thin layer of film protecting the skin.  I was really impressed with the product!  After a few hours, I checked Kailee's bum it was still okay - the skin absorbed the product!  You know that the product is still there and doing its job protecting her bum!


If you're looking for a diaper rash cream that isn't messy or stinky and is easy to apply then, I recommend you try this product!  Its really very very good!  Try it to see!  This product will change the dynamics in your diaper changing routine, I swear - you'll love it!

For those who like to know the ingredients, here is the back portion of Grandma El's Diaper Rash Remedy+Prevention.



Grandma El's is distrubuted by Boderless Exchange and is available in Rustan's and Babyland stores.

Comments

  1. These product truly a life saver for me! Grandma Els is really a good treatment for diaper rash!

    home remedies for diaper rash

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Movie passes to FESTIVAL MALL CINEMAS!

This month, I am celebrating my blog's 5th anniversary! To start the month right, I am giving away eight (8) movie passes to Festival Mall Cinemas!! All you need to do is leave a comment. Any comment will do! Just include your name and email address so I can contact you in case you win!! You can join as many times as you want.  Winner will be picked via Random.org. This is a winner take all contest, so only one winner will get to have all the eight (8) movie passes! Contest will run from today until the end of the week - November 6, 2010 at 11:59pm Manila time.  I will be announcing the winner on Sunday - November 7, 2010! Good luck!!

the canDIshhh tales : 10th BLOGniversary GIVEAWAY!!

10 years is, WOW! Unbelievable. So, to celebrate my 10th year of blogging today - I'm doing a GIVEAWAY hosted by my favorite brands!! :)  This is just one way of me saying THANK YOU to ALL of my readers and to ALL the brands that have given me their trust and support! Here are just some of the stuff that I will be giving away!! The coveted 2016 Starbucks Moleskine Planner ! Starbucks Beverage Coupons! Melissa Slip-Ons!! K-Pallete stuff I got in Tokyo! GIFT PACKS from the following brands: Serenitea GCs Sevilla Sausage packs Paper Chic Studio  the Bento Mommas Clorox, Glad & Pinesol Philippines Vikings Luxury Buffet GC for 2 Lysol Philippines House of Praise CDs I will make this giveaway really really SIMPLE for everyone!  Just follow do the Rafflecopter instruction and most importantly, leave the following details on the comment section below .  One comment entry PER p...

Blog Anniversary Giveaway!

For my blog's 5th anniversary, I'm giving away goodies - and it's a winner take ALL! Image borrowed from THIS site Thank you for eavesdropping for five years. I hope you enjoyed and is still enjoying reading my whatever things! THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU! Here's the loot: 12 - J&J Mini Body Lotions 1 - Carmex Lip Balm 2 - The Face Shop Masks 1 - Amu'in Insect Repellant 1 - Amu'in Body Mist Joining is really simple: 1)   Leave the following details on the comment section of this post:      a)  Greet me!! :)      b)  Your name      c)  Your email address ( a valid email address please!)      d)  Share this message to your social networking site:  Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, Friendster, Etc.   Blog Anniversary Giveaway!   http://candishhh.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-anniversary-giveaway.html 2)   Kindly complete the details above - re...