Skip to main content

Road Rage

I have Road Rage.

Yes, I curse every Bus, Jeepney, Taxi, Tricycle that is hassling us private car drivers on the road.  I super hate them!  But know what, I used to be *NR* with them, I think, I got this hatred from my Panget.  His disdain for them rubbed off on me.

These public transport service(men) seem to not know the rules, etiquette and I think they also don't know how to read and respect the street signs.  They would just stop whenever they wanted - alight and drop off passengers on a whim.  They drive like madmen and causes traffic and the most scary accidents.  What's up with that?  I mean, that's not right!

Everyday - private motorists need to abide by the rules of these public transport.  We are at the helm of their mercy.  We suffer their being disorderly and disrespectful of the road rules.  Then there are MMDA officers who just look on to the traffic that these silly boys create - they do not apprehend, and just do nothing.  They see the buses violate traffic rules YET they ignore them.  Instead of telling the buses to move in an orderly fashion - they just let them be.

I caught this MMDA officer, just texting away - even if there were a LOT of buses that were obstructing the right of way.  Private cars and other vehicles slow down uneccessarily and try to weasel their way out since the buses are in front of them trying to sneak in the lane late!  

Then a few weeks ago, I saw tarps say that buses can travel the tunnels on certain days.  HELLO?  It's like giving these buses carte blanche!  I doubt that the drivers will care if they're odd or even numbered - they'd risk passing these tunnels assuming that no one will apprehend them - and I'm sure no one will.  Sigh.

My head is shaking in disbelief.

Have you see a mad bus driver run on EDSA?  It's like the bus is on steroids!  The buses moves from side to side and suddenly stops when they feel like it.  They overtake lanes and then suddenly tries to sneak their huge bodied buses in a lane!  THEY DON'T HAVE DISCIPLINE at all, I mean really at all.

I remember once more than once, I confronted a Jeepney driver - I told him to move his car properly so other motorists can pass - he just yelled back at me *Naghahanap buhay lang ako! / I'm just trying to make a living!*  I mean, yes - everyone is trying to make ends meet - BUT not like that!  Not that way, right?  I got so irritated that I thought to myself - why do these drivers feel so entitled, that they can do whatever it is that they want?

Another Road Rage issue?  Those endless street parties that close the road just because some person is having a party.  I mean is it even legal to suddenly decide to close the street and hire a videoke machine for everyone to enjoy?  Government officials even *sponsor* the tables and chairs and tents with their names plastered on!  I took this picture yesterday afternoon, because I was suddenly stopped in my tracks because *someone* was having a party.  I had to take another road, and I hated it because the road was already too small for cars to pass because of the so many many many tricycles that are parked on the street!  Sigh..  Is there an ordinance for this??  I remember my Panget telling me that alcohol cannot be served on the streets (this is considered illegal and one can be arrested for such), but I'm sure with these street parties - drinking sessions is always be present.

I honestly want to complain, but I'm sure that my complaint will fall on deaf ears.

As much as I'd like to *fight* against this, I am just but one person.

Here are some pics that I took over the past few months... Argh!!


Above is a pedestrian lane - YET, tricycles ignore it.



Street Party??



This is the DILG building along Q.Ave and EDSA - it's a busy street YET look at the images above and below - DOUBLE PARKING! There's actually a sign that says NO LOADING AND UNLOADING - yet no one seems to follow it!




Tandem WITHOUT helmets..




Below is a MAJOR intersection, but look at where the tricycle is positioned.  ENTITILED!



Look at the MMDA office who is... TEXTING!



And yes another STREET PARTY..



This was last year - Ganito kami sa Makati.
What the H are you doing in QC and where are your wheels?


Comments

  1. Another of hubby's pet peeves are the motorcycle drivers. Kung mag-change ng lane, parang walang pakialam sa ibang sasakyan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle! Isa pa pala yan!! They also feel that they're VERY VISIBLE. Eh kung sila nga hindi tumitingin eh! There was one time, I signaled to my right kasi I was turning to enter our gate. I made sure to turn on the signal light para kita. May isang magaling na motorsiklo na di ako pinansin. I didn't see him din kasi when I turned wala pa siya. Then BOOM! Nabangga siya sa akin - when I opened the window - sinigawan pa ako ng *Di ka kasi tumitingin!* Sinagot ko ng *Ikaw ang hindi tumitingin! Kanina pa akong naka right signal! * Hinayaan ko siya sa floor. I am mean.

      Love, Didi

      Delete
  2. Hi Didi!

    "Yes, I curse every Bus, Jeepney, Taxi, Tricycle that is hassling us private car drivers on the road"
    I can't express how much I agree with you. There's no discipline in our roads anymore, and the worst part of it is the people don't realize it.

    I like your story and I hope many will read about it, so that we can do something to change things.

    Cheers! :)
    Candid Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Candin Cuisine - you know what I realized? This sort of *no discipline* has been instilled in us since we were young, but it's up to us to know to change from the *nakasanayan* to what is really right/correct

      I hope too that many will get to read it. Maybe you can help sharing it? Hahaha!!!

      Love, Didi

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w