Skip to main content

EATs Paris: Robert et Louise

Steak!

I'm glad that my Panget likes to eat and whenever we travel, we indulge once in a while.  This is another restaurant that my friend Kath recommended.  It was a busy Sunday - there were a lot of people walking in Le Marais, it was crowded but a nice crowd.  We were enjoying strolling through the streets when we happen to see people checking out the menu of a restaurant.  As Pinoys, we were curious and so my Panget told me to check it out.  And I did, I was surprised to see that it was the steak place Kath was telling me about - Robert et Louise.

We decided to go to another place since it was full, but vowed to come back since it was nearby.  I think it was the next day that we went back.  Hahaha!!  We were very excited.  I remember reading some reviews that restaurants in Paris would refused entry to patrons with kids in tow, yikes!  So before we entered, I had to ask - and they were nice enough to welcome us and even help us carry our stroller!  Wow, impressed!  I had the impression that French were snobbish and unhelpful (well, I experienced this when I visited in 1996!)

We were then given a menu, my Panget and I looked at the steak, ahahaha!  We're meat eaters - and so we decided to get the steak that was good for 2.  It was 800grams worth of steak - my Panget was skeptical and was asking me on and on if I would share it with him.  I was confused telling him YES over and over again.  I was wondering why he was worried and kept on asking me.  It was strange really - I thought maybe he wasn't himself?  Hahaha!!

True enough, when the steak was served:


It was HUGE!  Look at the steak in comparison to Kailee's hands!
So, this was why Panget was asking me.  I didn't realize that it was really big!  Hahaha.. I assumed that it was just small.  Don't ask me why but I guess I thought that 800grams was small.  I forgot that 200 more grams, it would weigh a kilo already!  Hahaha..

The steak was wonderful.  It was grilled to perfection.  I would prefer it be a bit more done, but my Panget likes it medium.  The fries was a different kind, as they used real potatoes and that's why I felt it was yummier.  I was glad to order red wine as it enhanced the flavor of the steak.  The meat was really good and juicy!  It was really meaty, you know - a *manly kind of meat* (imagine a deeper voice saying this) - it wasn't full of fat yet it was very tender.  My Panget and I enjoyed the steak very much - we were taking our sweet time because of the size.  Hahaha!  We cut some pieces for Kailee to try and she liked them.




This is the red wine that I got.  I wasn't able to ask for the name.  I'm so sad, because I really loved this red wine.  Even my Panget agreed that it was good.  I never tasted wine this good!  Honest!



Escargot - snails!  So good, even Kailee liked it!  Haha!



Our server suggested to order this sausage dish for Kailee, and she loved it.  We were surprised because she ate them all without struggle!  Add to that the pieces of steak we cut for her.



Looks tiny?  Well, it extends to the basement.  I'm amazed on how space is utilized in Europe!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w