Skip to main content

Tokyo Diaries: YEN's Private Car pick-up service

Whenever I travel with a group, I make sure that everyone travels with convenience.  So I search and look for private car services that does pick up.  Mind you, I look for the most reasonably priced ones.  I email and inquire and when I've picked my choices - I haggle.

 Two years ago, we went to Tokyo with my brother in law and my nieces.  Since we had 3 kids in tow - I thought it was just but right to have a car pick us up from the airport.  It takes away the hassle of pacifying 3 kids with matching luggages to take care of.  This year, when we went to London - I made sure to have a car pick us up because I had my in laws with me.  My Panget has a bad back so, you can't rely on him to lug around heavy bags.



Most friends think of this service as a waste of money.  Well, I beg to differ.  When you choose the standard route - you can take a bus, that will have so many stops.  You can take a train with a lot of station transfers, or you can take a taxi - it will for sure take a lot from your pocket money.  At your age - are you prepared to do all those things?  Well, if you have all the time in the world - then by all means, take the standard route - right?

This Tokyo trip, I was getting frustrated already because I couldn't find ANY affordable pick-up service.  All of those I've inquired were asking for an arm and a leg.  So by stroke of luck, I messaged a friend - Achi Pam, and she sent me the contact details of the car service they hired on their last Tokyo trip.  I sent this person an email and I got a very reasonable rate.

I told my Panget about this and he was agreeable, the hard part was convincing his friend and his cousin.  In the end, they agreed.  They computed it and realized that the difference was a minimal add to that the convenience of the car picking us up from the arrival hall and dropping us off at the entrance of our apartment's lobby.

We were charged JPY20,000.00 / PHP7,700.00 we were 5 people so that's PHP1,540.00.  The airport limousine bus will cost you JPY3,100.00 / PHP1,200.00.  Keep in mind that an airport limousine has a LOT of stops, plus the drop off point is a hotel and not at your apartment's doorstep.  Weigh your hassles VS convenience.

Our vehicle was a Hi-Ace.  It can easily accommodate 9 people with luggages.  I think it can fit 10, but the driver said 9.  You can pay in CASH or with a CREDIT CARD.  He also has a portable wifi, so you can surf and entertain yourselves while inside the vehicle.


So email him or better yet, message him on Line Messenger.  Yen really replies quickly.

Thanks Achi Pam for the referral!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w