Skip to main content

Big school in a few weeks

I am dreading the traffic.
The waking up before the sun is up.
The waiting game for my kids to get ready for school.
The picking them up from school
The traffic driving back.

But this will be my norm - for the next 15 years.

Reality check:  My kids are growing up.  FAST.

It seemed only yesterday I gave birth to these two kiddoes of mine.  But in a few weeks, well - they will both be going to school.  Kailee will be in big school, while Connor will be in pre-school.  Time flew by so quickly, so very quickly.

I have been around the Metro for the past few weeks and I realized there are so many road repairs EVERYWHERE.  How the hell will we get to our destinations on time with the roads having just one lane to pass through?  When repairs started in March, I assumed that it'll be finished in time for school openenings in June!  Boy, was I wrong and that means only one thing - GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!

I honestly don't have a problem waking up early in the morning.  But as usual, you know the feeling of reluctantly waking up because there's school?  Hahahaha!!  That's my problem.  I think that's everyones problem - hahaha!! :)  It was only now that I realized that even if I wasn't going to school anymore - I need to bring my kids to school, thus - like them - I need to wake up early!

I have a dilemma, can you help me?

You see, I still want Kailee to sleep in the afternoon.  Because of sure she will be so tired from school.  But I also want her to sleep early in the evening.  Now - is that even possible?  Ideally, I would like for her to be in bed by 9PM.  Is this *idea* realistic?  Some friends omit the afternoon nap from their schedules because afternoon naps make their kids sleep later in the evening.  During my time, I remember sleeping in the afternoon and feeling really sleepy when the clock hits 9.  Is that still possible?  Hahaha!!

Wish me luck!

And I wish us all good luck this coming school year!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w