Skip to main content

Tokyo Diaries: Car Pick Up Service by Mizo

Whenever I travel with kids, I try my best not to get stressed and so most of the time, I arrange for a car pick up service (to and from the airport), that way - I won't need to worry if we can fit the bus or what time we'll arrive at our destination and etc.  Most will say I'm maarte - but I say, I'm practical and smart.  Hahaha!!

During my last 2 trips to Tokyo - I've had different car service pick ups, one was Tokyo Asahi Kotsu and last year was Yen.  Both have been very good - it was just that with Yen, we had other passengers with us during our trip back to the airport - I assumed it was private, but I guess - he was just trying to make money, but that's okay.

This trip - I asked Yen how much he charged for a pick up, he sent me a reply via Line Messenger that it was JPY15,000.00.  To be honest, I expected that much since he charges at least JPY3,000.00 per head per way.  But I made sure to ask around for a lower rate, so I emailed here and there.  The rates I got were from JPY18,000.00 to JPY11,000.00, and as you guessed - I got the JPY11,000.00

The good thing with this company - the Tokyo Airporter, was that you didn't need to pay in advance.  Well, you can - via credit card or you can pay in cash upfront when you get dropped off (at your destination) by the car service.  The only risk was that - you might not get picked up at all.  But it's Japan, I would think most people are good natured and so for sure, you'll get picked up.

When we arrived in Haneda Airport and got our backs, we were waking toward the arrival area.  My Panget saw the sign that held my name.  We approached the man holding the sign, he greeted us in  English.  I was glad!  He took over pushing our cart from my Panget and was very nice and chatty.  He told us to wait for him at the car park's entrance.  We waited about 5 minutes and he was there with his mini van.  He did all the heavy lifting, carrying the luggages to the car.

His mini van was very comfortable - he offered us water and even had a portable wifi for us to use!  It took us about 35 minutes from the airport to our drop off address.  On the way, we were talking about how the president of the Philippines just left and that how this month, he was going to Cebu to eat lechon.  Mizo is very nice and polite.  His car is clean and comfortable too.  He then handed us his card for future reference.  I liked that he was on most messaging apps - Whatsapp, WeChat, Line, Viber, Skype, KakaoTalk and Facebook.  You can even email him!

Here is his card below.  He can do pick ups in Narita or Haneda.  He said he'd be happy to welcome any of my friends.  So I'm sharing his contact details - here:




A few days after we arrived in Tokyo, I decided to ask him for his rate for a return trip to Haneda.  He gave a very reasonable rate - and so I booked him right away.  We were messaging one another via Whatsapp.

I messaged him to come pick us up at 1:00PM.  My Panget said to give allowance because he might be late.  So on the day that we were leaving, we decided to walk around instead of just waiting for our pick up.  We thought, we had a good hour just to walk the streets.  And so at 12NN we decided to stepped out of our place, I was shocked to see him outside on the street!  He was already there!  I loved that he is prompt.  When he saw us, he apologized for being early.  He said that he will wait in the car.  Hahaha..  So funny and strange that a person apologizes for being early.  I love the Japanese!  So when we came back at about 12:30-ish, I asked my Panget if he wanted to leave for the airport, I mean since the pick-up was already there - and he said yes.

So if you're worry is if Mizo will be late or if he will arrive - YES HE WILL!  He replies fast too.

Please consider him if you're going to Tokyo with kids and elders.

Good Luck!! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w