Skip to main content

Ballet Manila at Fisher Mall

I was surprised to learn last year that Ballet Manila has opened in Fisher Mall.  I remember seeing posters of Lisa Macuja near the mall advertising ballet lessons, but I never knew where it was exactly, I assumed it was at the village nearby.  It's quite nice actually that they chose to have a studio in Fisher Mall because it can be more accessible to kids who wanted to learn ballet.


So, when an opportunity came up for Kailee to try ballet in Ballet Manila, I immediately said yes.  I made sure to buy Kailee her ballet shoes and leotards.  It was sort of exciting to be honest, because Kailee has been interested with ballet because of her cousins.  I was quite excited for her.  Honestly, it wasn't a priority to enroll her in ballet, but I'm glad that Kailee got the chance and was able to join the class and learn ballet at the studio of our country's prima ballerina, Ms. Lisa Macuja.

During Kailee's first class, I was so critical of her.  It was nice that there was a TV monitor where parents and guardians can watch the kids in their classes - uninterrupted.  You know how parents and grandparents are, right?  So I felt it was such a good idea (the monitor thing) since for sure, we'd be  distractions to the kids ins class.  So, as I watched Kailee follow Teacher Marivic, I was silently laughing to myself!  I know, I'm so mean! (I'm sorry!  Hahaha)  It was because comparing her to the other girls in the class, Kailee looked really awkward in her movements.  It was nice of Teacher Marivic to dote on her and correct her during that time.  I felt that even if the class size was quite big, Teacher Marivic could still notice those who needed extra guidance.

While observing Kailee on her first class, I felt so proud of her.  She didn't cry, she wasn't shy when they were asked to partner up.  She was very determined to follow Teacher Marivic and join the class activities.  She was a very confident first timer.  It looked as if she was having a difficult time following, but when I asked her after the class if she felt the class was hard, she just smiled and said, it wasn't - that she was learning.  My heart was bursting with happiness with her answer - she liked the class.

In the next classes, Kailee was becoming more confident and could follow more easily.  She still needed practice but you can see her determination to catch up with the movement of the class.  She would be conscious on how her movements looked in the mirror and she would correct certain moves without prompt.  I can tell that Teacher Marivic had that effect on her, Kailee was becoming more determined as the classes progressed.

Ballet Manila's studio in Fisher Mall is very nice, considering the location (in a Mall), they were able to maximize the space that they had.  The layout was pretty basic, but well - I feel they did very well in terms of layout, which space goes where and the convenience of the reception area and waiting area.  The place was clean and looked very well maintained, this is something that I really like.  I'm quite maarte when it comes to cleanliness.  It's very important for me that a studio is clean.

On the walls of the studio's waiting and reception area, you'll see images of ballet students during classes, recitals and of course our prima ballerina - Lisa Macuja in action.  The interiors are inviting, the ambiance is very warm, you'll feel right at home in Ballet Manila Fisher Mall.  There was a mom there, who was very nice and reassuring.  I think she saw me smile and laugh when I was looking at Kailee on the monitor.  She told me not to worry as Kailee would be better as the days progressed.  Her daughter too, she said looked every it of bit awkward at first, but as she attended classes (regularly) - her form became better and better.  This made me feel more settled, thank you Mommy friend, I'm sorry I didn't get your name.

Here are some of Kailee's videos from her classes in Ballet Manila.






Thank you Ballet Manila for this opportunity, my Kailee enjoyed every class she attended and would gush on how much she enjoyed her classes with Teacher Marivic.

Ballet Manila has two studios - one is in Pasay and another is in Fisher Mall, QC.  Do visit their Ballet Manila's Facebook page for more details.

*will post more videos later.  my connection is wonky.

Comments

  1. Alpha Levo Energize The Crucial Free of charge Essential unsaturated fats The enormous renditions are delegated the omega 3s furthermore omega 6s The greater part of individuals discover a lot of omega 6 furthermore need to the supplement the omega 3s Bass gas furthermore flax seedling gas are generally two or three simple ways to deal with supplement o The intellectual capacities is mostly greasy tissue The garbage stuff applications the neurons cerebrum cells.


    http://www.xaddition.net/alpha-levo-energize

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Kailee enjoyed her classes! One of my frustrations in life is that I didn't get to go to ballet classes as a kid. My mom enrolled me to take piano lessons instead. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w