Skip to main content

Cooking with Grande Rice Bran Oil!

One thing is for sure.  That food definitely tastes better - fried.  Well, this is a sure thing for me as I loooooooove fried food.  But not all cooking oils are created equal.  Some are good, some are better than the others and some are just plain bad.



In our drive to search for the healthiest type of oil - the people behind Grandiose Marketing has found us an alternative - Grande Rice Bran Oil.  But what is Rice Bran Oil?  Why haven't we heard of it as much as the most famous Olive Oil?  Well, it's the East's olive oil!




Personally, during the intimate product launch - I was impressed to because Rice Bran Oil does not leave any aftertaste in the food.  Rice Bran Oil even enhances the taste of the dishes prepared by the very cute Chef Miko Aspiras.  Chef Miko Aspiras prepared three (3) dishes for us that day - one appetizer, one main course, and a dessert.





During the cooking demo, I was half expecting to - you know *to come out of the event smelling oily* since it was an open kitchen.  But guess what - I didn't, we all didn't!  Isn't that magical?  It is.  

The next morning, I told Yaya Belen to start using the Grande Rice Bran Oil for all the cooking at home.  She immediately put it to the test by making me my favorite - french fries.  The kids loved it, I did too!  The french fries looked cleaner and neater - something that amazed Yaya Belen. 

One thing I really really dislike is the smell of fish being fried.  I can't explain why, but I really really don't like it.  I especially hate it when I can smell it inside our bedroom.  I have always always told the helpers that if they will be frying fish - to make sure that all the doors are closed and all the exhaust fans to be open, so as to avoid the smell traveling and staying inside the house.  One day, on my way out of the house, I noticed that Yaya Belen was frying something.  At the corney of my eye, I saw - fish?  I wasn't sure - I even did a double take - and it was!  I was so surprised to see that she was deep frying bangus!  I then asked her, what cooking oil she used, she replied that it was the Grande Rice Bran Oil - and you know what - there was NO FISHY SMELL!  I was very impressed, very very impressed! The house did not reek of any fish smell throughout the day, as any brand would.

Tried the Grande Rice Bran Oil in cooking my Clam pasta.  Tasted wonderful and clean!



Try it to believe.  The 1Liter costs P185.00 and the 2Liters costs P365.00 - definitely cheaper than Olive Oil - and without the aftertaste!

 Click this link to know more about Grande Rice Bran Oil.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w