Skip to main content

Early Morning Drive

When the driver doesn't show up, well- things get a little more complicated.  I need to be more alert because having kids in the car mean that I NEED to be extra careful.

Another thought was - of all days, it had to be a Friday - when we have two cars on coding.  Wonderful!  I was going to use my car (that was coding too!), but guess what - the gas tank was almost empty.  So I had to use the other coding car, in my head was BAHALA NA SI BATMAN!



So there, I drove to our carpool mate's house and had to ask Kailee to sit in the front primarily because one of the kids who carpools with us has motion sickness, so her yaya needs to be on a alert that she might - throw up!  So two kids at the back with the yaya and Kailee in front of me.

Usually, when there's a driver - I pray my morning Rosary and Divine Mercy prayers on the way.  But this time, I didn't have time anymore - I had to focus on the driving.  I actually timed myself - to see if I did a better job behind the wheel or just as a passenger.

One observation on myself - I am very impatient on the road.  I hate those oh so slowly moving vehicles that don't have a care in the world that they're causing build up.  Argh - but I had to be extra patient since, I was shuttling three kids!

I guess during the morning traffic near school - drivers get a little bit competitive on who goes first and who needs to be given way.  I most of the time feel that traffic enforcers do more harm that good - but when we're talking about the pride of Filipino drivers, well - it's damn if you do and damn if you don't.  I was lucky that this morning's traffic was a bit bearable.  It was only when we reached Gate 9 of XS that things got a bit tricky.

Since I had a little boy to drop off at XS's Gate 9, I had to be creative yet not cause traffic.  Well, lo and behold this car in front of me.  They were taking their sweet time - I think their little boy in the car was still putting on clothes.  My GOODNESS!  I really dislike inconsiderate people.  There are so many cars lining up behind me waiting for me to move and this car REFUSES to move!  I had to call the attention of the security guard to let the car move, but you know what the guard said *Ma'am atras nalang po kayo, aalalalayan ko po kayo* Sheesh!  So as a good citizen, I did what was suggested.  As I drove passed the car infront of me, I was correct, the little was was still dressing up.  The driver was I assume his dad, and he had his eyes CLOSED!  Talk about entitlement.  It was a no parking zone yet he was there - stalling, what kind of an example is that?

I teach my children to be mindful of other people, that they should be aware of their surroundings and the people around them.  I feel a bit irritated that I teach my kids this while other continue to feel entitled.  Maybe I shouldn't teach that to my kids anymore - argh!!  It is so very very hard to be merciful and compassionate to people if they don't even have an ounce of consideration for others.  Nakakainis!  Just because of this - I missed a few crucial seconds.  I say crucial seconds because they really matter in early morning school traffic.

So anyhoo - I got home by 7:10am, not bad I think - I just matched the morning driver's record!  Hahaha..

How's your morning been?

Happy weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w