Skip to main content

Who is this friend of Dada who is a GIRL?!?!

KBefore reading the story below.  Imagine me as a SUPER JEALOUS WIFE, freaking out when I heard what I heard from my daughter.



So the other night, Connor was asking me to read him a book.  It was Kailee's book Aqualicious, I thought it was given by one of her ninangs.  She said that it was given to her by Dada's friend who is a girl.  I asked which friend, Kailee said *The friend of Dada who comes to the house!*

Kailee:  She gave it to me for my birthday, but she missed my birthday so she gave it after my birthday.

WHO IS THIS FRIEND?

It would have been something innocent, but then I thought - my Panget doesn't have a LOT of (girl) friends who frequent the house.  I also can't seem to recall a friend of my Panget who is a girl that gives Kailee gifts, especially on her birthday.  How did this girl know of Kailee's birthday?  I then turned to my Panget and asked him - Who is this friend she is talking about?  My Panget looked at me clueless.  You should see the look on his face.  And then Kailee added this *Diba Dada, she comes here all the time?*  I was very curious - I wanted to know how this conversation will end.  So I pressed further.

Me:  So Kailee, what does she look like?
Kailee:  She has short hair, like my BFF A.
Me:  Short hair? (Faces of my Panget's friends suddenly flashed - and none of them, I mean NONE of them had short hair!)  Dada doesnt' have a friend who's a girl that has short hair.
Kailee:  He does!  Her hair is colored brown!  (Kailee was so SURE of this)
Me:  Who is she?  Do you remember her name?  (I pressed further)
Kailee:  I know her name starts with a C!
Me:  Dada doesn't have a friend who is a girl that starts with a C!  (Letter C??)
Kailee:  He does!  (and she turns to my Panget and says Dada, diba you have??)

My Panget and I both asked - is she Auntie Imma?  Auntie Annie?  Kailee shook her head to both names.

I then looked at my Panget and then told him *Binubuking ka na ng anak mo* I really needed to know.  I swear, I wanted to get to the bottom of this.  I had to still press on my questioning.  I need to strategize.  Who was this friend?  I mean, seriously - WHO IS THIS FRIEND WHO IS A GIRL??

Kailee:  She comes here to visit!
Me:  She comes here to the house?  (WTH?!)
Kailee:  Yes, she does!  (In my head, I'm almost always with Kailee when she's in the house)
Me:  As in inside this house?
Kailee:  Yes!  She even said that she was going with us to (place of vacation) to take care of Taikong, but she got sick!  So she didn't come with us.
Me:  Who is this friend?

Kailee's face then lights up and says *I''ll give you a clue, dada has a picture!* and then Kailee began to rummage through my Panget's side table.

If I were the SUPER JEALOUS wife I asked you to imagine me to be - this would have been a crazy SERIOUS confrontation and discussion.  I would be going ballistic and thinking of the worst case scenario.

But you know what, I'm really not.

The truth of the matter is - I WAS LAUGHING LIKE CRAZY as this whole conversation was happening.  I was laughing out loud, crazily, happily.  I think my kids thought I was a lunatic, they didn't understand why I was laughing so hard and so loudly.  My Panget on the other hand was laughing too.  But not as hard and as loudly as me.  Hahaha..

I was really wondering WHO IS THIS FRIEND OF MY PANGET?  Oh my gosh, believe me - I was sooooo entertained.  I indulged Kailee more while she was looking for the picture.

Me:  What picture are you looking for?
Kailee:  We have a picture of a party and she was there!

In my mind, she was in a party, WITH US?  Who is this girl??

Then what Kailee said next threw me into a CRAZIER laughing fit.

Kailee:  I think Dada hid the picture na.  (Mind you, her term was HID!)

Oh my gosh, my Panget hid the picture!  I looked at my Panget while crazily laughing and said *You hid the evidence!*  I think he was as amused as I was so interested and entertained by this whole thing.

Then finally - something clicked in Kailee's mind

Kailee:  I think I remember her name.
Me:  Whats her name?
Kailee: Cyma!
Me:  Cyma?
Kailee:  Yes!  Cyma!
Me:  Dada doesn't have a friend who is named Cyma
My Panget:  You mean Chiman?  Uncle Chiman?  (Yes, he had to inject his friend's name, hahahaha!)
Kailee: No!  Her name is Cyma!

I then thought hard, while laughing out very very loudly

Me:  I know!  It's See-E-Ma!

Kailee:  Yes!  That's her!  C-E-Ma!

FINALLY, we have a name.

So who is C-E-Ma?

C-E-Ma is the youngest sister of my mother in law.  I told Kailee *C-E-Ma is not Dada's friend, she is Dada's AUNT!*  Kailee looked at me confused.  I had to explain to her so she could understand better.  All along she thought that C-E-Ma is her Dada's friend.  Hahaha!!

I swear, it was such a FUNNY and INTERESTING conversation.

C-E-Ma does fit all of Kailee's descriptions.  She comes to the house, she has short hair and her hair is brown too.  Of course at family parties, she is present.  She fits them all.

You know, if I had trust issues - this story would be different.  It's a good thing that I don't - instead I was entertained like there was no tomorrow.

Have happy Thursday!

Kids talaga....


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w