Skip to main content

Globalart Philippines




Can you believe that my 7 year old Kailee made that?  No prior lesson before taking our current one with #GlobalartPhilippines.  I can't even begin to describe the pride I have in my heart.  I'm in awe, I still can't believe it.  I am currently just staring at it, looking silly because of the huge smile I have one.  I am beyond impressed.  And to think, this is only her third class.  AMAZING, right?

Even before I had Kailee, I have heard of Globalart from friends.  I knew it had one branch, the one in Ortigas, Greenhills - and I knew of some friends who would go all the way to Greenhills just to have their kids join their classes.  Of course, at that time - I wasn't interested as I didn't have kids yet.  But for the past year, Kailee has been showing interest in drawing.  She would use up all of my bond paper at home drawing all sorts of things.  I would buy her crayons and paint and she would just do what she felt like doing.  If you can see our bedroom, one wall is filled with her drawings and artworks (hers and Connor's).  I have asked if she wanted to take classes, but she has said no.  I was very happy though, that before the end of the school year - she told me that she wanted to take classes.  It just so happened that this opportunity came up, talk about perfect timing - right?

I brought Kailee and Connor to Globalart Philippines in Greenhills for their assessment.  At the same time, I met Yenny Saw the master franchiser of Globalart Philippines.  I was glad that she was there, as she was able to tell me the different levels that Globalart offers.  I used to think that they were merely teaching the technique of coloring.  I was wrong, there were other levels like sketching and drawing, comic book drawing, painting (water color and acrylic) and even clay molding!  It's really nice that there are other levels - for other *art* related interests.




Kailee was put in the advance class and she chose painting over drawing/sketching.  I have to say, I was quite surprised with her decision - because she had been doodling most of the time.  Connor was as expecting in the basic beginners class, so he can master the coloring technique.  He was disappointed because he wanted to do painting, I had to explain to him that he needed to have this basic skills first and by the time he's 7, I'm sure he'd be the same level as Kailee is now.

The Greenhills branch is really lovely, it's clean, well lit, the AC is working fine, you'll know when you're there that the place is well maintained.  The staff is cheery (which I really really like), they are helpful and would always greet you with a smile.  I met some students too and they seem to love it there too.  So I knew, right there and then - that Globalart is the right place to enroll my kids for art lessons.  And I'm glad I did - as I have this pride in my heart with their achievements - 3 classes in.  Impressive right?

So, call and inquire on the programs Globalart Philippines has to offer your child.  I'm sure you'll find one that will pique the interest of your child.  They have different locations too around the Metro, you will surely find that is near you.  They also have branches outside of Manila.  

I will go out of my way and say to try and visit the Globalart Cebu branches if you live in Cebu - because my good friend Carissa is the franchisee there and her daughter Bea has won awards in the Globalart competitions outside of the country.

Another branch I will plug is my cousin in law's branch - Globalart Del Monte.  I hear they have one of the BEST teachers in the Metro.  If you live in the area, you may inquire by calling 02-6660033!

Ortigas Branch
Tel. (02) 515-7005; 726-0435

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w