Skip to main content

Pizza Hut Horrors: Late pizza + hair STUCK inside the pizza + bad customer service

Yes, I placed an order and was told that the pizza would arrive in 45 minutes.  To be honest, I assumed that Pizza Hut delivers at 30minutes or less.  Have I not ordered from them a long time for the mechanics to change?  Anyhoo, what am I to do right?  So I agreed - the order will be arriving at 5:16pm, the CSR said.

Usually, Pizza Hut delivers earlier than expected - but at 5:15pm, there was no sign of any delivery person from Pizza Hut.  This made me call the hotline - 911-1111 to report.  So I gave my phone number and informed them that the pizza has not arrived.  According to the one I spoke to, it was still 5:15pm, but she will be making a report (I found it odd that she would tell me the time, as of course - I knew what I was doing).  So then she apologizes for the *inconvenience*, I asked her - that's it?  Just a sorry and to wait?  She then put the call on hold and the came back to me again, but before she spoke - I asked her for the time, it was 5:17pm already.  She then said that since the pizza hasn't arrived yet that the order will be FREE.  She then tells me that the branch, which made the pizza and delivery will give me a call.

I waited.  Waited until 5:30pm - and no call was received.  I called the hotline again to remind them that the pizza has not arrived yet, only to be told *The pizza is already FREE madam*.  I already knew the pizza was free, the point of the call was to inform them that the branch has NOT called me yet (I don't know why too they need to call me to, but I think it was SOP on their part).  The CSR told me to wait.  So I waited, then the pizza arrived.  The helper who received the order came inside and told us *Ma'am, may bayad raw po XX amount*.  Now, that was odd - since I was told twice that the pizza was free.  So I went out to speak with the delivery person.  Lo and behold, when I went out - he was gone!  Okay, so nevermind that, right?  I still did not receive ANY call from the manager.

So at dinner, I was munching on the cheese stuffed crust pizza.  I suddenly noticed a hair, a light brown color strand of hair.  I initially thought it was mine, so I tried to take it out - and it didn't want to take off!  I tried again and then I realized THE HAIR WAS STUCK INSIDE THE PIZZA!  Okay, so I inspected the pizza again and noticed another strand of hair on the other side of the pizza.  Apparently, the strand of hair was really stuck IN BETWEEN THE PIZZA - it was cooked together with the pizza.  Horrors right?





So I called the Pizza Hut hotline - it was 7:42pm.  I gave them my number and they were able to retrieve the order - I informed them that there was hair stuck in between the pizza.  Of course, the apologized for the inconvenience (can it still be called inconvenience?!) and told me that the manager of the branch that catered to my order will give me a call.  I informed them that they won't be able to reach me at the number that registered on their system, I gave them my mobile landline.  They told me to wait.  So I waited.  And waited.  But there was no call.

At 8:31pm, I called the hotline again to inform them that I have not received any call.  I spoke to a CSR named PRINCESS.  I told her that I have not received any call from the branch.  She apologized and told me that my concern was already relayed to the branch.  I then asked her what time I called to complain - she apologized and told me there was no way of knowing when I called - but to be assured that right after my call, they informed the branch immediately.  Since it was nearing an hour and no call was received by me - I asked her for the time I made the call to complain, I told her that she can ask for it.  She repeatedly apologized and told me there was no way of knowing.  I then was getting persistent and impatient because I knew for a fact that they have records of all the calls - all she needed to do was ask properly and READ through it.  I then suggested to her, why not put my call on hold and then find out and then get back to me.  At 8:41pm, she came back to me with a time - I made the complaint at 7:41pm.  Meron naman palang capabilities to find out the time right?  And then she proceeded to tell me at the branch manager has been calling me, I was confused because I never received any call, no missed calls recorded on my phone. *Tatawagan kayo ng branch manager para malaman kung saan po kayo matatawagan*  Did you understand what she said?  I made a sarcastic laugh and told her, tatawagan niya ako para malaman kung saan ako matatawagan?  She then said that they only knew of my registered number.

When I heard that - all hell broke loose.  Why the eff were they calling me at the registered number when I SPECIFICALLY gave them my mobile landline (because no one will answer at the registered number?!)  This Princess CSR defended the logic to say that the registered number was the only number available for them.  I then told her, I gave another number - I even repeated it and made sure the person I was speaking to knew took note of the number.  As I was rambling and getting riled up, Princess then blurted out my mobile landline.   Yun naman pala eh, they have a record of it.  What the hell diba?  Why not use that number to call me?  Then my Panget tells me that my mobile phone is ringing.  Hay nako diba?  I can't believe the quality of customer service representatives!  I really can't!  So I took the call on my mobile phone, it was the male manager from the branch that handled my order.  Take note there was no apology whatsoever - he just said *Ako na po mismo ang gumawa ng pizza, saan ko po ipapadeliver?*  I then asked why they didn't call me at my mobile landline, he said that the hotline did not give him that number, it was only a few minutes ago that he received the number and called right away.  I was already pissed at this point and just gave him my address and ended the call.

Back again to the CSR Princess at the 911-1111 hotline.  She then tells me with a very proud tone *Ma'am natawagan na daw po kayo ng manger, kabababa lang ng call*  OBVIOUSLY!  Goodness, diba?  She them apologizes and tells me that the manager was able to call the branch when I complained at 7:41pm.  So I asked to speak to that manager because I wanted to know why my *correct* number wasn't given to the branch.  She then asked me which manager.  OMG - why is she asking me this?!?!  Of course I told her, the one who called the branch to inform them of my complaint!  She then says *Ma'am hindi naman po kasi manager*  ANO BA ANG PINAGSASABI NIYAAAAAAAAA.  She then says it was just a CSR and not the manager.  Goodness talaga....  So anyway, I asked to speak to a manager to report the incident, and she passed me on to Lovi Deleros.  And you know what I learned?

THEY DONT RECORD CALLS.  I always assumed that they do because it's their proof when a customer complains.  I always make sure to have the pizzas I ordered cut into squares, and there are times that they don't do as instructed - so I call the hotline to report.  Does that mean, that my call was futile becayse they have no way of double checking if I really gave the correct instructions?  We all know that not all CSRs put every request on their computers - human error, diba?

You would think why will I go through all this for a complain.  Well, I'm very particular with customer service.  I believe that CS can make or break businesses.  And here in the country, well - customer service sucks, it doesn't exist.  And I want to change that.  I know it will take a long while for the industry to change - but hey, it can start from me.  I go through the pain of speaking to them and reporting (I send detailed emails such as this post to them) so they can pinpoint what went wrong and do damage control.  I believe that with this, the industry will change - even slowly.  We can't just turn a blind eye and ignore mistakes.  Everything can be improved and I want to see improvements.  My children and their children's children deserve improvements in the customer service industry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w