Skip to main content

Globe Bayantel STUPIDITY...

My goodness.  I really dislike it when I need to call the hotline to dispute charges on my bill.  For our Bayantel landline - well, it's now absorbed by Globe - we were charged for a reconnection fee.  And that is for a LANDLINE!  Where the hell did that come from?  I mean, I can understand if it's a reconnection of a Globe handyphone because, well it's part of their so called *service*.  But a landline?  I mean, reconnection fee?  ARE THEY EVEN ALLOWED TO CHARGE THAT??

Okay, so I call the hotline to ask and verify if I really did request for a reconnection.  To be honest, I can't remember - but then since they *record* all of their conversations, might as well ask for the recording right?  If I hear myself asking for a reconnection, I will pay it.  But if I don't hear myself asking for a reconnection, then - they'll need to waive the fee.  So I requested this last April 23, 2018.  I was told that after 48 hours, I would receive feedback.  Note, I will RECEIVE feedback, I asked if I needed to call again and was told that I didn't.

Fast forward to today.  I suddenly remembered it, so I called the hotline and gave the reference number.  This agent I was speaking to was helpful, he said that he saw my complaint but was confused because there was a notation that said the *reconnection fee* was waived, this was made last February.  He wondered why I was even given a reference number about my complaint last April 23, 2018 - when in fact, it should have been resolved right there and then.

STUPIDITY.  My answer to him was simply that.  The agent I spoke to last April 23 was losing some screws that day.  He then makes the effort and tells me that he will make the *necessary adjustment*, but before he can go any further, he needed to verify the account.  He asked me the following questions:

1)  What is my account number?
To which I responded, I don't have it memorized.  I mean in all seriousness who memorizes their account number?!  Strike 1

2)  What is my current plan?
I have been subscribed with Bayantel for years and for a fact, I know there is NO other plan but a residential landline for a residential landline!  I mean, it's not as if it's a mobile phone with different tiered plans!  Strike 2

3)  What is my COMPLETE installation address?
Of course, this I can answer with pride, so I gave it.  But you know what, there was a follow up question.

4)  What is the STREET of the installation address?
Did I hear that question correctly?  I told the person I was speaking to - DIBA KABIBIGAY KO LANG SAYO NG COMPLETE ADDRESS?  Don't tell me hindi mo narinig?  Apparently, he did hear the address - what he meant was WHAT IS THE BARANGAY!  Goodness, pati ba naman iyon nagkamali pa sila ng tanong?

5)  When is the cut off of your bill?
Who remembers this?  I don't - especially for a LANDLINE!  I know by heart my mobile number's cut off - because that meant my free minutes and text messages would be refreshed!  Hahaha.  Strike 3!

6)  When is the activation month and year of the landline?
What kind of a question is this?  It's really really very STUPID.  Would you have an exact recolletion of when your landline service was activated?  Strike 4!

I was so frustrated with the line of questioning, I mean seriously - they're not basic, you need to have all the information on hand with you!  Even if you have the bill, you still won't be able to answer some of the questions?!

Why do these companies make it so hard for us to request for something that they did erroneously??!!

I'm sure the agent is at a loss for an explanation - he was just following the spiel.  His name is Jomark, by the way.  He then tells me that he has already made the adjustment.  BUT I need to wait for two (2) billing cycles before the waived fee will be reflected.

SAY THAT AGAIN - TWO BILLING CYCLES.

Why the hell do I need to wait for two billing cycles for a refund of a charge that they erroneously put on my account?!  I told him, if that's the case, then I might be disconnected again and again because I failed to pay for the *overdue* that is reflected on my account!?  He fell silent, he said that he can't do anything about it.  So I asked to speak to a supervisor.

And this supervisor tell me the same thing.  BUT with this line *Kung ayaw niyo bayaran....*  I refuse to pay for it?  HELL YEAH I REFUSE TO PAY FOR IT!  Why do I need to pay for a charge that was a mistake to begin with??  I told her to be careful with her words and not to just say them for the sake of saying something.  I hate it when I hear words just being thrown out without even thinking what it means.

So after 1 hour of back and forth, it was resolved.  The solution - my account will have a HOLD for disconnection until the refund is reflected.

Grabe.  1 hour talaga.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w