Skip to main content

Letting go - slowly.

Kailee is now 7, she's in Grade 2 and my heart breaks a little.  I think it'll break more as the years pass.  Every morning, I wake up and bring her to school, I have been doing this for the past two years - this year is my 3rd year.  This year is different as I am the one who wakes her up and dresses her in the morning.  I know it's just been just a few days of school - but it's something I look forward to.  Maybe because I am pregnant and sleep is a bit disrupted - I tend to wake earlier than usual but it's a welcome change since I get to spend this time with Kailee.

Every morning for the past few days, we walk to her gate.  The walk is a bit longer than what we usually do for the past 2 years - but it's still okay.  I let her pull her stroller bag because I need her to know and feel that it's her bag and not mine (I just hold her lunch box for her).  When she enters her gate and taps in her ID - I can't help but have this proud feeling in my heart that she is doing okay.  But this morning, I felt a pinch in my heart - I felt sad and proud at the same time.  She was independently pulling her bag and walking to her room.  She had this confidence in her and a smile that tells me everything is okay.  But I am not okay.  I am having a hard time letting go.

As I type this, I have tears welling in my eyes.  Haha!  Pregnancy hormones!  I can't explain it, but it hurts - but I know it's something that I need to deal with as the years will come.  It doesn't get easier.  I remember an elder telling me that time flies by more quick when they start school - and it's true!  I can't seem to hold on to them and shield them from whatever - but I need to try because it's the only way for them to learn and grow.

Wish me luck guys.

Wish me luck.


Comments

  1. That is why arya is till in preschool until now hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w