Skip to main content

Poor eyesight!

One thing I am was proud of was that my vision is was still clear.  I have never worn glasses in my whole existence.  Never felt any need to because I still see clearly.  I can still read small fonts, I can read texts from far away.  But recently, well - after the new year, well - my vision has been a bit blurred.  Not very very blurred - but just a bit.

And it bothers me.  Really bothers me.

I used to put whatever I needed to read near my eyes to be able to see them more clearly (if the font is mall) but now - I have to put it at a distance for me to see it better.  What used to be a normal sized font for me to read, is now shadow-y.  Those number countdowns on stoplight?  Blurry.

I can't believe this is happening.

I was told that when I hit 40, my vision will for sure be not the same.  In my head I was laughing at the thought.  I am NOT laughing now.

So I went to #OwndaysPH - to try and have my eyes checked.  The reason why I went there - it was very well lit.  And I loooooove very well lit places.  Hahaha!  I was impressed with the equipment they were using - also the service.  I sat down in front of a machine to check (a more or less check) of my eye sight, and then when I transferred into the refraction room, I expected to see what I usually saw in the malls - the chair with pieces of lenses on the side!  But what greeted me was a machine, a table and a sort of display.  I sat down - and my goodness, it was so high-tech.  No need for me to do anything but sit, listen to the questions and answer as accurate as possible.  I swear, it was such a pleasant pleasant experience for me.

The doctor that was assisting me was very very calm and patient.  He was very accommodating too and his voice, I must say - very soothing and re-assuring.  He was asking questions and patiently doing the changing of the lenses.  I just need to emphasis - that the eyesight check experience in #OwndaysPH - really impressive and really really high tech.  Even Kailee was so curious on what was happening and what I was seeing.  Hahaha!!

So the verdict?  Well, according to the *test* I had astigmatism and needed reading glasses.  They recommended a dual lens but it was still up to me if I wanted one.  I told them that my only issue was the reading thing and that I didn't need to wear glasses all day to function.

I am turning 39 in a couple of days, so I guess this is age-ing telling me that I'm not getting any younger.  Well, I've long accepted age-ing, but one thing I have a hard time accepting is - blurring vision.

I'm still in denial.

My Panget has offered to get me glasses, he would always tease me whenever we're at the mall.  But I told him - I'm still in denial.

I might need to though, get glasses.  As I have this headaches - not massive ones, but small one - that I've honestly never experienced before.

So this is age-ing, huh??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Movie passes to FESTIVAL MALL CINEMAS!

This month, I am celebrating my blog's 5th anniversary! To start the month right, I am giving away eight (8) movie passes to Festival Mall Cinemas!! All you need to do is leave a comment. Any comment will do! Just include your name and email address so I can contact you in case you win!! You can join as many times as you want.  Winner will be picked via Random.org. This is a winner take all contest, so only one winner will get to have all the eight (8) movie passes! Contest will run from today until the end of the week - November 6, 2010 at 11:59pm Manila time.  I will be announcing the winner on Sunday - November 7, 2010! Good luck!!

the canDIshhh tales : 10th BLOGniversary GIVEAWAY!!

10 years is, WOW! Unbelievable. So, to celebrate my 10th year of blogging today - I'm doing a GIVEAWAY hosted by my favorite brands!! :)  This is just one way of me saying THANK YOU to ALL of my readers and to ALL the brands that have given me their trust and support! Here are just some of the stuff that I will be giving away!! The coveted 2016 Starbucks Moleskine Planner ! Starbucks Beverage Coupons! Melissa Slip-Ons!! K-Pallete stuff I got in Tokyo! GIFT PACKS from the following brands: Serenitea GCs Sevilla Sausage packs Paper Chic Studio  the Bento Mommas Clorox, Glad & Pinesol Philippines Vikings Luxury Buffet GC for 2 Lysol Philippines House of Praise CDs I will make this giveaway really really SIMPLE for everyone!  Just follow do the Rafflecopter instruction and most importantly, leave the following details on the comment section below .  One comment entry PER p...

Blog Anniversary Giveaway!

For my blog's 5th anniversary, I'm giving away goodies - and it's a winner take ALL! Image borrowed from THIS site Thank you for eavesdropping for five years. I hope you enjoyed and is still enjoying reading my whatever things! THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU! Here's the loot: 12 - J&J Mini Body Lotions 1 - Carmex Lip Balm 2 - The Face Shop Masks 1 - Amu'in Insect Repellant 1 - Amu'in Body Mist Joining is really simple: 1)   Leave the following details on the comment section of this post:      a)  Greet me!! :)      b)  Your name      c)  Your email address ( a valid email address please!)      d)  Share this message to your social networking site:  Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, Friendster, Etc.   Blog Anniversary Giveaway!   http://candishhh.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-anniversary-giveaway.html 2)   Kindly complete the details above - re...