Skip to main content

When my Friend Wins by Robyn Rodriguez + Giveaway!

It was last year that I first saw this book.  We were given a signed copy of it by my sister in law, Liza.  The author of the book is my niece, Carlie's speech therapist.  My kids were fighting over it actually, simply because they saw their names on the book.  Kailee said it was hers, while Connor said it was his.



That same night, Kailee read the book to Connor.  Kailee immediately understood the story, while Connor - well, he just heard it without listening to it.  But it was okay, I mean - I just needed to repeat the story again for his benefit.

Then I totally forgot about the book altogether.

I just saw it again when a friend posted it on Instagram.  I got intrigued and inquired on where to purchase a copy.  The reason was - well, Connor was in this phase of always wanting to win.  He was having a hard time *losing* at games.  The first time we played Chutes and Ladders, Kailee won - he screamed and cried so hard!  It was really funny, but we couldn't laugh!  The next episode was while we were playing Monopoly and he landed in jail, he screamed so hard and cried saying he was scared!  He thought, it was a real jail that he was going to.  I think the concept of a *game* was different for him.



It was by some stroke of being at the right place at the right time.  I was cleaning the clutter in my room just before the holidays when I saw the book again.  I thought to myself - the book looked really familiar!  And when I opened it - tada!  It was the signed copy that my sister in law gave us.  When I saw it, we had to read it together.  This time, Connor's grasp of the story has become better.  He understood the story more.

The book is quite simple really - but for the kids - well, they can see themselves in the story.  They see themselves as characters of the book.  I'm sure they've gone through similar situations and with this book, they can relate to the story and that's the most important for me.  That at a young age - they empathize with the characters and the story.  My Panget has long said that Connor needed to be enrolled in a group/team sport because he doesn't take losing very well.  And with this book, I feel - it's a start towards the right direction.

During the holidays - I received another copy of the book as a gift.  And because I feel that sharing is caring - well, with the permission of the author - Robyn Rodriguez, I'm doing a GIVEAWAY!  Yes, yes yes!  I'm giving away one (1) copy of the book!  Yehey!

The giveaway is really simple - just do the following:
a)  LIKE Gail and Pablo - When my friend wins page in FB
b)  LIKE my FB page too - the canDIshhh tales
c)  Share the link to this blog post ( http://www.candishhh.com/2019/01/when-my-friend-wins-by-robyn-rodriguez.html  ) on your social media accounts
d)  Leave a comment here on the blog with the following details:
  -  Your name
  -  A VALID email address
  -  the links to your social media shares (one person one entry!)
This giveaway is open only to Metro Manila residents
You have until next week to join - I will be picking a winner by January 31st!

Thank you Robyn, for making this book!  Please do make more of them!  God bless you!!

Comments

  1. I hope I can win for my son 🙏🙏🙏 this our bonding moment...reading time.
    Name: Monalisa Co Bio
    Email ad: carcom28@yahoo.com
    Fb link: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10215863377168643&id=1572070604

    ReplyDelete
  2. Name: Joan Encarnacion Dogillo
    Email: joanencarnacion0916@gmail.com

    Gusto ko manalo for my two daughter kasi they love reading books so much lalo na ng panganay ko na 5years old. At ang bunso ko is a good listener lalo na pag nagkukwento or nagbabasa ako ng books before they sleep. Minsan pag wala kaming ginagawa nagbabasa lang kami ng books. Interested ang story ng WHEN MY FRIEND WINS at gusto naming mabasa ng mga anak ko at nang maishare din nila ang story with their relatives and friends. Hoping na manalo para mas lalo pa silang (my kids) maencourage magbasa ng books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Name: Joan Encarnacion Dogillo
    Email: joanencarnacion0916@gmail.com

    Gusto ko manalo for my two daughter kasi they love reading books so much lalo na ng panganay ko na 5years old. At ang bunso ko is a good listener lalo na pag nagkukwento or nagbabasa ako ng books before they sleep. Minsan pag wala kaming ginagawa nagbabasa lang kami ng books. Interested ang story ng WHEN MY FRIEND WINS at gusto naming mabasa ng mga anak ko at nang maishare din nila ang story with their relatives and friends. Hoping na manalo para mas lalo pa silang (my kids) maencourage magbasa ng books.

    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2636181679755798&id=100000919758328

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is a good gift idea for my son and his friends/classmates!
    Name: Theresa Cruz-Escaros
    Email: drterecruz@yahoo.com
    FB: Theresa Cruz-Escaros
    Tw: @TereCruzEscaros
    IG: @TereCruzEscaros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, where is the link to your social media share? Sayang!

      Delete
    2. IG share: https://www.instagram.com/p/BtCqzD1FZLQ/
      FB share: https://www.facebook.com/theresa.cruzescaros/posts/10216180748289486

      Delete
  5. Lolita Ganzon
    email lolanaylita@gmail.com
    fb @lolitaganzon
    hope to win

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, where's the link to your social media share? Sayang!

      Delete
  6. Roselle Untalan
    roselle.untalan@gmail.com
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156956311773607&id=752858606

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just perfect for my daughter and his cousin who cannot accept that someone or other wins.

    Roselle Untalan
    roselle.untalan@gmail.com
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156956311773607&id=752858606

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Movie passes to FESTIVAL MALL CINEMAS!

This month, I am celebrating my blog's 5th anniversary! To start the month right, I am giving away eight (8) movie passes to Festival Mall Cinemas!! All you need to do is leave a comment. Any comment will do! Just include your name and email address so I can contact you in case you win!! You can join as many times as you want.  Winner will be picked via Random.org. This is a winner take all contest, so only one winner will get to have all the eight (8) movie passes! Contest will run from today until the end of the week - November 6, 2010 at 11:59pm Manila time.  I will be announcing the winner on Sunday - November 7, 2010! Good luck!!

the canDIshhh tales : 10th BLOGniversary GIVEAWAY!!

10 years is, WOW! Unbelievable. So, to celebrate my 10th year of blogging today - I'm doing a GIVEAWAY hosted by my favorite brands!! :)  This is just one way of me saying THANK YOU to ALL of my readers and to ALL the brands that have given me their trust and support! Here are just some of the stuff that I will be giving away!! The coveted 2016 Starbucks Moleskine Planner ! Starbucks Beverage Coupons! Melissa Slip-Ons!! K-Pallete stuff I got in Tokyo! GIFT PACKS from the following brands: Serenitea GCs Sevilla Sausage packs Paper Chic Studio  the Bento Mommas Clorox, Glad & Pinesol Philippines Vikings Luxury Buffet GC for 2 Lysol Philippines House of Praise CDs I will make this giveaway really really SIMPLE for everyone!  Just follow do the Rafflecopter instruction and most importantly, leave the following details on the comment section below .  One comment entry PER p...

Blog Anniversary Giveaway!

For my blog's 5th anniversary, I'm giving away goodies - and it's a winner take ALL! Image borrowed from THIS site Thank you for eavesdropping for five years. I hope you enjoyed and is still enjoying reading my whatever things! THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU! Here's the loot: 12 - J&J Mini Body Lotions 1 - Carmex Lip Balm 2 - The Face Shop Masks 1 - Amu'in Insect Repellant 1 - Amu'in Body Mist Joining is really simple: 1)   Leave the following details on the comment section of this post:      a)  Greet me!! :)      b)  Your name      c)  Your email address ( a valid email address please!)      d)  Share this message to your social networking site:  Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, Friendster, Etc.   Blog Anniversary Giveaway!   http://candishhh.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-anniversary-giveaway.html 2)   Kindly complete the details above - re...