Skip to main content

A very meaningful Sunday homily of love and forgiveness

I make it a point to hear Mass every Sunday.  I make time for it because it's only one day a week for me to give thanks to the blessing that I receive.  I have this routine time that I like hearing Mass and there's a particular Church that I like going to because of the Holy Water blessing at the end of Mass.  I adjust the time I hear Mass depending on our Sunday activity.  I have to be honest, there are some Priests who I like listening to because they make a lot of sense - they say short homilies, but mind you there are very meaningful.

For a particular time in my favorite parish - there's this priest who always has a presentation - he officiates late in the afternoon.  I attend his Mass if I have no other choice of time.  I find that he gives one the best homilies - it's just that, they're quite long and it's a bit dramatic for my taste.  But he makes a LOT of sense.

So yesterday, I attended Mass in a parish nearby.  When I turned my head to see who was officiating - lo and behold, it was that priest.  I laughed inside and told God, 'Lord, your humor talaga' and laughed silently.  As usual - he prepared a visual presentation - and as always, it had some technical difficulties.  But he went on with his homily - and I must say, God has this trick up his sleeve - He lead me to a Church that was nearby and comfortable - and He made sure that the officiating priest would say something really meaningful.  I won't go through the details anymore of the readings and gospel - but instead just share what was the best take away during the Mass that resounded very well with me.  I teared up honestly because I felt that it hit home, I have been struggling with emotional and mental things lately and it was such a perfect explanation.  The Lord does work in mysterious ways.  It was such a wonderful validation.




When I heard this, it was a different feeling.  I can't explain why I was tearing up, but I did.  This really hit me you know.  I have been struggling lately for the past month, with not so nice feelings I don't want to validate.  I can't help but ignore them - but they're there.  The struggle has been real - and I'm trying my best not to be affected.  And yesterday after Mass, I felt a LOT better, I think it was the answer to my prayers of strength and wisdom.

Before the Mass ended, we were given another activity - which was brilliant in my books.  Read through this very famous bible verse:



Now, instead of saying LOVE and IT, replace it with your OWN NAME.  And say it silently or outloud.  It means so different diba?  It gives this bible verse a new meaning.

It was such a lovely Mass yesterday.  Love is the answer, forgiveness is key - the Lord knows, the Lord sees everything.

I feel a bit stronger.  My day will look a bit brighter and I am smiling - from within. 

Have a blessed Monday everyone.  

Comments

  1. I hope you are okay now Mommy. Hugs. Sometimes when i feel down ( recently too) , i paused for a while. I sometimes read a book of bible verses and diff aspiring stories. It calms me down. I honestly rarely go to church bec i could not concentrate when my baby and toddler have tantrums so we ended up staying outside and chasing them. Pero there's one priest in particular that i feel powerful and touched during homily. Thanks for this blog❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading my post! I appreciate it very very very much!! :)
      God Bless you!!!!

      Delete
  2. That's an amazing activity. Nakaka-lift nga ng spirit. Virtual hugs to you and to our fellow moms who are experiencing struggles in life. We'll always trust, always hope, always persevere. We'll never fail. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle!!! Hugssssssssss.....

      Delete
  3. I feel you. It really does make sense when I say my name to replace the IT. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w