Skip to main content

Paradise Dynasty: Chef's Recommendation at The Podium

When I first tried Paradise Dynasty in S Maison in Conrad last 2016, I was impressed with the quality and taste of the dishes.  But there was a hitch - the distance.  How I wish they opened somewhere nearer me.  It was in 2017 that I learned that they have opened in The Podium mall!  Technically, it's still quite a distance but nevertheless, nearer than the other two branches (S Maison and SM Aura).

I have a confession.  There is this one dish that I truly truly TRULY love from Paradise Dynasty - and that's the Boiled Beef in Szechuan Chili Oil.  It's just sad because I can't order this dish when I'm with my family - as I'll be the only one eating it.  My Panget finds it too spicy while the kids obviously won't be able to take it in.  So for the times that we dine in Paradise Dynasty - I would longingly stare at it's image on the menu and secretly utter 'next time' with a heavy sigh.


Last week, we were treated to Paradise Dynasty's Chef Recommendation dishes, these are exclusive to The Podium branch.  And here they are:

Grouper with Pine Nuts and Fruits 
This grouper tasted so fresh and the flavors were spot on.  Didn't think fruit bits would compliment a grouper dish, but this one was perfect.  Order this instead of your usual grouper fare.


Shanghai Style Braised Pork Belly
 What I loved about this dish is that the ratio of the fat and the pork in the pork belly.  It was just right and so when you bite into a piece, everything is so tasty and blends really well.  My daughter loved this and I felt too that this was kid friendly (as my son is allergic to seafood).  This is something everyone will enjoy, it looks basic but the flavors are there and it's perfect to pair with rice or noodles.


Grilled Grouper with Tofu in Mapo Tofu Style
Here's another variation to the typical grouper dish.  It infuses a classic Chinese dish of mapo tofu and topped it on a grilled grouper.  This dish is definitely filling because I enjoyed the tofu cubes with the grouper.  I like that you can also top the sauce on white rice.  This I think is their vegetarian mapo tofu - the meat is substituted with fish!  It's a welcome variation, in my opinion.


Deep-fried Duck with Steamed Bun (served half)
It wasn't love at first sight, because I judged it immediately when I saw it.  Hahaha!  It was good nevertheless.  Something worth ordering.  I guess I'm just really biased with preferring my duck to be roasted and served in thin sheets of wrapper compared with this dish, served in a steam bun.  It was something different and something you'd want to order just to try a different style on your usual roast duck.  

Here are some of the usual favorites from Paradise Dynasty:









Please visit Paradise Dynasty at the Podium Mall.  They have the most wonderful and committed staff to help you with orders and everything else that you need.  They always serve with a smile and is very knowledgeable on their menu and which dishes goes with what.  The food is served fast hot and fresh too!  They are located on the 2nd Floor

Hope to bump into you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w