Skip to main content

HAPPY NEW YEAR + #SundaySeries

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!

It's the most apt greeting for the new year because we all want to have some positivity when the new year enters.  I haven't done resolutions because I they simply don't get done, well - most of the time.  Hahaha!!

Last Sunday, I heard Mass with Kailee and it really touches my heart that she now comes with me.  It's a mababaw thing, but I really like that she comes with me.  It's a start, that's always what I have in mind.

The homily last Sunday was moving.  Well, I felt the sincerity of the priest and it I can't help but be drawn to what he was saying.  I think I understood what he felt.  The priest was narrating that 2019 was a very challenging year for him.  It was a year that he got a LOT of assignments from the Diocese of Cubao.  To be honest, I know that he recently got assigned to be the parish priest and so it was a mighty big role that he had to fill in.   The priest said that he had a LOT of questions on why he was given all those challenges by the Lord, but he just went on with it and served.

He then narrated that when he started out as a priest, he initiated an advocacy - and that was to help children with special needs.  The group started with 5 kids and it grew over the years.  This advocacy would help children with special needs, they would host some therapy for the children and so one.  As they years grew, the priest would see them less, but would always pray for them and be there when he is needed.  Now he tells us, that the group is serving about close to a hundred kids already.  I have friends with special needs kids - and I see them and feel their joys and heartaches.  I know too that these therapy sessions don't come cheap and so it's so heartwarming to know that there is a group  that is greatly helping the kids and parents as well.

Last Christmas, the group had a celebration and the priest was going to be there.  When he arrived he saw a swarm of kids run to him, when they reached up they were all smiles and so happy.  They were giving him huge hugs and saying their thanks.  The priest then was so overwhelmed with happiness.  It was then that he realized that all his worries and questions were answered.  That seeing these children saying thanks and hugging him was worth all the sacrifices that he has made.  It made everything worth while.

When I heard him say this, I got teary eyed.  I felt the sincerity and it really struck me.  I knew the feeling of being overwhelmed with things to do.  There are days that I just go through the motions without fully understanding what it is that I am doing.  I just go on because I needed to go on - I needed to be function, for myself and for others.  There are days that I feel so drained because I do so much but I don't feel appreciated for what I do.  I pray and question, but then I lift it all to the Lord because I know that I will be rewarded somehow.  And with the priest's story, I realized that someday, my sacrifices will all be worth it and I can't wait for that day to come.

Life is hard, because we get thrown out off course - but we need to be strong, have faith and try our darndest to stay on course.  I felt so happy for the priest, I really did!  And when he was giving his final blessing, I shed tears - tears of happiness because one day, I'll feel the same fulfillment he felt.  But right now, I just need to hold on and stay on course.

I have to tell you, my faith is one of the things that I hold on to.  It has greatly helped me deal with things going on in life.  I am thankful that I have a relationship with God.  It's not a perfect relationship, but it's my own little relationship with the Lord.  I just hope that I can share this relationship with my kids.  I want them to know God early on and have their relationship with the Lord.

We are all going through something in our lives.  We all deserve understanding and support.  And I am trying my best to be that to most people I meet.  I am not a perfectly good person, I have done bad things too.  But know that I am sorry for them and that I am trying to be a better person.  Every day is a new beginning, every day is a new chance to be better.

Happy New Year everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w