Skip to main content

The NEW Gloria Maris Greenhills!

Gloria Maris has been a staple for birthdays and celebrations with the family.  I remember when my Panget and I were still dating, his parents would always choose to have dinner in Gloria Maris when they didn't want to think of a new place to go.  We know that food will be good and that everyone will enjoy it.

When they moved to it's current location in Greenhills, everyone expected it to be the same.  Well, the menu was upgraded, the price too - but the quality well, in my personal opinion it deteriorated.  Well, you see - when you upgrade the prices, people will expect the food to taste better right?  Well, that wasn't the case.

We found ourselves going to Gloria Maris less and less.  So when news that a new owner was coming in - well everyone was all on the edge.  I'm sure everyone was curious on what would happen.  Would the name be changed?  Will the menu change?  Will there be changes or will it just be maintained.  Everyone was excited to see what's in store.

Last week, we were invited to try the new dishes and old improved favorites.  And here's a photo roll of what we had.  I'm sure the pictures will be enough to entice you to go back to Glora Maris Greenhills:

Two Tone Almost Seafood Soup 
I don't remember Gloria Maris having this, but as I said I haven't visited in a long while.
This was a good introduction to our first meal at #TheNewGloriaMaris


Salt and Pepper Shrimps with Garlic 
The aroma was divine!  We were told to enjoy these shrimps with skin on.
And I did - and it was good!  I usually take the skin out, but this one was a good experience!


Peking Duck 
Two ways - this and the minced duck.
This dish needs not introduction at all





 Mini Taro Basket with Prawn Scallop
When I was younger, I didn't like taro.  I slowly tried it and I really liked this version simply because they serve it with a sauce on the side so it won't get very dry.  The shrimp and the scallops were really fresh and cooked very well.  I loved that the shrimp has a crisp bite to it, it wasn't overcooked!


Dimsum Sampler
(Siomai, Hakaw and Egg Tart) 
Really good siomai.  Really good hakaw.  Really good egg tart with a buttery flaky crust.


Fried Lamb Chop with Mint Jelly 
I don't eat lamb, so I trusted my tablemates when they said this was really good.
It was tender and didn't have an aftertaste.  
This is one of the new dishes that Gloria Maris will be serving,


Lechon Kawali 
Perfect ratio of meat and fat.  Crisp to the bite and oh so wonderful with the mustard dressing!


Australian Wagyu Beef in Black Pepper Sauce 
Wonderful tender beef.  I was just too shy to ask for a bowl of white rice.


Steamed Live Oyster with Garlic 
This has got to be my FAVORITE dish served.  There were so many oohs and aahs when they placed the dish on the table.  It was love at first bite.  The huge pieces of oyster were cooked perfectly and it was not malansa at all.  The sauce was a dream, the flavors worked seamlessly with the steamed oyster.  Have a closer look at the image below.


 Frank's Fried Rice
We met Uncle Frank - the new owner of Gloria Maris and this is his signature fried rice.
This is just one of the few new dishes to be served!

Steamed Apahap with Tongchay 
Tongchay is not usually served with Steamed Apahap, so this is a new twist to an old favorite steamed fish!


Birthday Misua 
Always a good end to the savory dishes served us. 

Almond Shake with Mango Cubes
A wonderful sweet treat to the sumptuous lauriat lunch spread.

Please do visit #TheNewGloriaMaris soon to try their new dishes and improved old favorites.  I'm so happy of this change - claim your old glory Gloria Maris!  So many of us missed it!  We are looking forward to more wonderful dishes!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w