Skip to main content

Cupcake Attempt #3: Pink Cupcakes!!

I have been craving for something sweet for the past week.

I actually bought a Coffee Crunch cake from Red Ribbon.

I was browsing through blogs when I found Joey's post on her Yellow Cupcakes.  This reminded my of my cupcake making phase a few years ago - Cupcake Attempt #1 and Cupcake Attempt #2.  It has been years since I made cupcakes.  I actually used the same recipe that Joey used. 

And here's the result!





I decided to make Pink frosting! :)

Here's the recipe:

Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Cupcakes
  • 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 ½ cups self raising flour
  • 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line two 12 cup muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Cream butter at medium speed in large bowl.
- Add sugar gradually and beat until fluffy. Then add eggs.
- Combine flours. Add to butter mixture in four parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla extract.
- Spoon the batter into cups so they are ¾ full.
- Bake until the tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes.

Vanilla Buttercream Icing
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter
  • 8 cups confectioners’ sugar
  • ½ cup milk
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place butter, milk, vanilla extract and 4 cups of sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the remaining sugar, once cup at a time until thick.
- Add a few drops of food coloring if desired and mix thoroughly.
- Spread icing on cooled cupcakes.

With the Icing, I decided to make just half of the recipe because I remember when I made it years ago - it was too much.  And I was right!  I actually have some left over in the fridge.

Also since we don't have self-raising flour in Manila, you can make you own by following this:
For every 1 cup of Self-Raising Flour:
1 Cup - All Purpose Flour
1-1/2 Teaspoon - Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon - Salt

Enjoy!! :)

Comments

  1. Patty! I will give you next time I make!! :) Hope you enjoyed the pepper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can't truly work, I think this way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Movie passes to FESTIVAL MALL CINEMAS!

This month, I am celebrating my blog's 5th anniversary! To start the month right, I am giving away eight (8) movie passes to Festival Mall Cinemas!! All you need to do is leave a comment. Any comment will do! Just include your name and email address so I can contact you in case you win!! You can join as many times as you want.  Winner will be picked via Random.org. This is a winner take all contest, so only one winner will get to have all the eight (8) movie passes! Contest will run from today until the end of the week - November 6, 2010 at 11:59pm Manila time.  I will be announcing the winner on Sunday - November 7, 2010! Good luck!!

the canDIshhh tales : 10th BLOGniversary GIVEAWAY!!

10 years is, WOW! Unbelievable. So, to celebrate my 10th year of blogging today - I'm doing a GIVEAWAY hosted by my favorite brands!! :)  This is just one way of me saying THANK YOU to ALL of my readers and to ALL the brands that have given me their trust and support! Here are just some of the stuff that I will be giving away!! The coveted 2016 Starbucks Moleskine Planner ! Starbucks Beverage Coupons! Melissa Slip-Ons!! K-Pallete stuff I got in Tokyo! GIFT PACKS from the following brands: Serenitea GCs Sevilla Sausage packs Paper Chic Studio  the Bento Mommas Clorox, Glad & Pinesol Philippines Vikings Luxury Buffet GC for 2 Lysol Philippines House of Praise CDs I will make this giveaway really really SIMPLE for everyone!  Just follow do the Rafflecopter instruction and most importantly, leave the following details on the comment section below .  One comment entry PER p...

Blog Anniversary Giveaway!

For my blog's 5th anniversary, I'm giving away goodies - and it's a winner take ALL! Image borrowed from THIS site Thank you for eavesdropping for five years. I hope you enjoyed and is still enjoying reading my whatever things! THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU! Here's the loot: 12 - J&J Mini Body Lotions 1 - Carmex Lip Balm 2 - The Face Shop Masks 1 - Amu'in Insect Repellant 1 - Amu'in Body Mist Joining is really simple: 1)   Leave the following details on the comment section of this post:      a)  Greet me!! :)      b)  Your name      c)  Your email address ( a valid email address please!)      d)  Share this message to your social networking site:  Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, Friendster, Etc.   Blog Anniversary Giveaway!   http://candishhh.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-anniversary-giveaway.html 2)   Kindly complete the details above - re...